So What Time Does Your Bar Open On Xmas Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

On the back bloody porch!
Reaction score
The one day of the year Im allowed to get on the turps in the morning (as well as Bathurst). Usually pulling my first after the pressies are all open around 9.00-10.00am. What time does your bar open on Christmas Day?
Cheers
Steve

in previous years we have had to do a lot of running around to fit in relos - this year it is split and we go nowhere until the evening (for which there will be a lift).

So I am tipping probably around about 11ish...

As soon as the accursed mother-in-law arrives, usually around 10am. <_<

Night shift for me on xmas day so NO BEER for me. Maybe a red wine with lunch.
Straight after the last mouthful of wheeties and coffee.
My first year without driving for a lo-o-o-o-o-ong time.
:) :p

Well, I cook the xmas lunch, so I figure as soon as I start preparing the turkey it's game on.

cheers

Browndog

I don't celebrate christmas, so it will open at the same time as it does on weekends. From 10am till 4am the next morning :)

champers and strawberrys for brekky with the missus, she loves it. then onto the egg nog she makes, then after all thats settled we open up the taps!

I don't celebrate christmas, so it will open at the same time as it does on weekends. From 10am till 4am the next morning

Probably a good thing you have an issue with kiddies then!

hum bug!

Probably a good thing you have an issue with kiddies then!

hum bug!

I don't celebrate the Islamic religious holiday of Eid either. So what's your point ?

Bah Humbug to that too ?

Such a stupid comment.

Because its my bar, whenever I feel like it :D

Plus my bar has a 24 hour license :lol:

Have to work morning shift so approx 2:30pm when I get home. Have to work boxing day and new years as well..

UNfortunately Christmas this year is with my side of the family. Too many high stress control freaks, all trying to take control of the day (under the guiss of simplifying everything). They are the perfect candidates for some tension-relieving brews, however not very much alcohol is either offered or consumed!!

With this in mind i will be cramming in a few breakfast beers and spending most of the day day-dreaming about the contents of my keg fridge.

I will be in Tassie for christmas so my bar is shut down for the week, but I'll be opening the FIL's bar at around 10-11am me thinks

Probably around 10am with a glass of sparkling shiraz, both to open our presents to, and to get us prepared for lunch with my parents. Then when we get home, polish off the bottle to calm our nerves! Ahh the holiday cheer!
Merry Christmas to all.

With this in mind i will be cramming in a few breakfast beers and spending most of the day day-dreaming about the contents of my keg fridge.

Take the contents of your keg fridge with ya, thats what im doing B)

This being given serious consideration. I have two soda stream canisters and the adaptor for the reg, for just this kind of adventure.

Maybe i should take the 9% cider along just to see what would happen after a few glasses. :party:

Back