So What Time Does Your Bar Open On Xmas Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All depends where Christmas is...

1) My parents place:- The day starts with Champers and OJ, then the beers get cracking by 9am, this continues all day till someone passes out....

2) The inlaws:- These people are more stuffy with the whole drinking all day thing, given I'll be driving this year, to and from their place, in their car, I imagine I'll be having one or two over lunch, and that will be it, until I get home.

3) Our place:- This was last year, was awesome, really I missed it, we had the esky open all day while the inlaws were there, and then that night when my mate came around...

I really need to get back to my parents for christmas soon.....

Let's not be too hasty to judge Jase and his non-celebration of Christmas....

He is a child hating misanthrope after all.....

My brother is coming to my house for Christmas this year, I'm pretty sure I can look forward to a cold schooner being nuzzled against my cheek to wake me up somewhere just before 6am.... :eek:

Just like others have mentioned....open 24hrs...sham I have to go to my mothers place and my gf's families place aswell....if only I had something to put a 19ltr keg in to keep it cold and mount a tap on....party setup would be ready then :)

Pok

I will be in Newcastle, with the outlaws.

The family likes to drink...

So I guess there wont be an opening time, just the first person game enough after we have a BIG session on Xmas eve...

Once the first beer is cracked, everyone has to participate... :D

Which bit, the bar opening hours or the not celebrating christmas bit ? If so the latter, then who is it sad for ? We're going snorkelling because the waters will be empty of people, so I can't wait for the 25th to roll around.

Let's not be too hasty to judge Jase and his non-celebration of Christmas....

He is a child hating misanthrope after all.....

Double ouch !

Perhaps I should start a thread elsewhere to get this thing rolling, lest I spoil this one....

EDIT: Here we go >Link<

Let me know where you will be snorkeling, I will bring the kids, and Santa Clause.. :)

Let me know where you will be snorkeling, I will bring the kids, and Santa Clause.. :)

LOL, why not...... I'll pack the frisbee & the kite. But the santa suit's probably not going to be very comfortable if it's a scorcher. Grafton's a long way from Coogee though :)

9am normally. As soon as the Weber is lit for the roast lunch, the beer comes out :)

Mine will be CLOSED :( :( :(

Have to work chrissy day then off to the inlaws, will be taking a few take aways though ;)

364 days a year never before 4.30pm.Christmas day,anytime from 7.00am onwards.

Rock on the 25th December.

BTW any one brewing on the day?I'm thinking of doing a Bier de Noel prior to celebrations for next year

*my* bar never closes :p

For all the +1 haters :lol:

+1

Straight after the last mouthful of wheeties and coffee.

I have a t-Shirt that says.......

Wheeties and beer...... the breakfast of ex champions.

I will be in Newcastle, with the outlaws.

The family likes to drink...

So I guess there wont be an opening time, just the first person game enough after we have a BIG session on Xmas eve...

Once the first beer is cracked, everyone has to participate... :D

Dont forget to drop by one day as discussed mate....... i have saved a few fine beers for us to sample

let me know when you will be around and free.

cheers

All depends where Christmas is...

1) My parents place:- The day starts with Champers and OJ, then the beers get cracking by 9am, this continues all day till someone passes out....

2) The inlaws:- These people are more stuffy with the whole drinking all day thing, given I'll be driving this year, to and from their place, in their car, I imagine I'll be having one or two over lunch, and that will be it, until I get home.

3) Our place:- This was last year, was awesome, really I missed it, we had the esky open all day while the inlaws were there, and then that night when my mate came around...

I really need to get back to my parents for christmas soon.....

Hey Pollux, Can I come to your place next year???? :D

For all the +1 haters :lol:

+1

I have a t-Shirt that says.......

Wheeties and beer...... the breakfast of ex champions.

Dont forget to drop by one day as discussed mate....... i have saved a few fine beers for us to sample

let me know when you will be around and free.

cheers

Dont worry, I will be there just have yet to work out a day. Probabaly be Monday 29th.

Probably break out the HB around ten or so when prep starts in the kitchen then hit the vodka while I work in a Gordon Ramsay-esque frenzy complete with foul mouth trying to time everything to hit the table at the exact same moment, only to go stone cold because some twat is watching something on the telly. :)

Maybe I'll hide the remotes this year. :D

Cheers - Fermented.

probably kick-off at about 8 when we're knee deep in wrapping paper, after the kids have leapt on the bed at 5 am :eek: :lol:

cheers
Yard

Anytime!

pissmuspic-1.jpg

My beer fridge will probably not get any action on Christmas day. I have stockpiled wine and belgians so it's highly unlikely.

Have some exercise to do on Boxing day so wont be hooking into it much at all anyway.

Back