So I'm quitting brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
American beer like bud or miller is like water anyway, it would be like using soda stream flavoring on carbonated water...

We could make some ourselves. Mash a big hit of say Munich (or whatever you think of) to at least 1.150, then boil the crap out of it to caramelize it and reduce the volume heaps, with some massive hop additions. APA improver.

I'm taking a guess that their one would contain iso hops etc as it would make it easier for them.

Proof is in the tasting. I mean, budweiser advertise that they taste great too.

If someone advertised stuff that you poured into a cheap can of soup to taste like restaurant quality would you believe it?

As silly as this product sounds at first I'd have to agree with Florian, anything to make the weak piss at the cricket a little more interesting would be worth a try.

bcp said:
Proof is in the tasting. I mean, budweiser advertise that they taste great too.

If someone advertised stuff that you poured into a cheap can of soup to taste like restaurant quality would you believe it?
I think your soup analogy just about sums it up........stupid people buy stupid products.

This guy I know makes this drinking stuff in a shiny thing he bought from a home brew shop and he's got all these little bottles that he puts into the basic drink. And before you know it the stuff tastes not unlike Jack Daniels and Midori and Banana Liqueur. I don't know where he got the idea from but I got totally hammered on the stuff at Easter.

I wonder if it will ever catch on.

bcp said:
budweiser advertise that they taste great too.
Bud doesn't taste so bad after walking through the grand canyon all day in the height of summer.

The Village Idiot said:
I think your soup analogy just about sums it up........stupid people buy stupid products.
I don't think anyone would think they are going to turn Fourex gold into SN torpedo but if you could turn it into something marginally better for $0.30 a glass its worth a try. It probably won't but worth a try, I have wasted $5 on worse.

I don't mind Bud, Miller etc in context -as per JDW above. I like the full strength almost "smoky" alcohol heat and the hint of sweet malt. Mate brought me some Canadian beer back the other year and it was very similar - it's a totally different style to Aussie or Euro beers but deceptively drinkable and perfect as a boilermaker.

QldKev said:
We could make some ourselves. Mash a big hit of say Munich (or whatever you think of) to at least 1.150, then boil the crap out of it to caramelize it and reduce the volume heaps, with some massive hop additions. APA improver.

I'm taking a guess that their one would contain iso hops etc as it would make it easier for them.
If that is what the product was then it would be ok but it's calorie free, no malt sugars.

practicalfool said:
Reminds me, I'd just carry in a small packet of my favourite hop pellets next time :)
tried it. Doesnt work. Takes longer to absorb than it takes to drink the beer. The hop flavoured oils that ross sells are the go for that. No affil etc.

Edak said:
The creators assume that the buyer is stupid and ignorant.
Based on my experience of people that's a damn sound business plan right there...

Edak said:
The creators assume that the buyer is stupid and ignorant. I assume you can find these buyers in Merica.
To paraphrase H. L. Mencken, No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.

Latest posts

Back