Smoker

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cummy

Reaction score
Anyone recognise this brand of smoker. What would you say it is worth?

image.jpeg

Yep. Nah. Can't see it for the white smoke.

All good, I just have no idea what a smoker is worth/how much use it would get. Thought it would be another side hobby while brewing.

put up the pic and we can see it.
the aldi one are about 190 from memory.

That is a Gasmate smoker. They used to sell brand new for about $99 back in 2009.

Not recommended. You get close to zero temperature control. The best thing I used one of these for was to keep a turkey warm for a few hours at Christmas.

The other thing that it does well is caveman steaks. It's easy enough to get the grill more or less on top of the charcoal on the bottom pan and then you can park your steak almost directly on top of the charcoal.

Suggest you build an ugly drum smoker (UDS). Makes great bbq. Cooks using charcoal. Excellent stable temp control.

It looks like a Brinkmann to me. If not, it's a clone. I purchased one about 30 years ago and used it successfully until I built one using an old steel lined refrigerator (there are pictures somewhere on this forum).
The Brinkmann used heat beads and had a large water pan in the base, which made for succulent smoked meats. The Christmas turkey and hams that came out of this thing were to die for and one didn't need stainless steel teeth to enjoy the drumstick.
I eventually converted it to gas and my son is still smoking his meat in it.

Looks like a gas mate to me. Definitely not Weber smokey mountain or a pro q. Looks nothing like them

Aldi ones are finished for the time being, they were $200 and simply rebadged Hark brand that are normally $300. I love mine, going to smoke a duck tomorow. And chuck in the obligatory 2 kilos of sausages as well of course.

edit: I think this would be the one in the picture

Latest posts

Back