• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Sold PID Electric Brewing Element Control Box & Pump [MELB]

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ_L3ThAL

Such rapp, very bass
Reaction score
PID Electric Brewing Element Control Box & Pump - $150

• Red Lion PXU PID (RRP $390!)
  • RTD temperature sensor (PT100) - highest grade industrial quality - BRAND NEW!
  • Control up to 10A/2400W Heating element (or any load) with PID (also has ON/OFF select switch).
  • Control pump ON/OFF with switch.
  • Plugs are IEC 10A connectors (standard computer cable - readily available).

Cable setup to plug straight into the box (or can plug an IEC cable from mains directly in too to run pump without the box). Can control mash temperature with HERMS/RIMS, or any vessel heating element for brewing. But also could control any heating/cooling or other electrical load (sous vide, smokers, pizza, etc). Plug in and ready to use! Can show how to use. Red Lion PXU manual has instructions on how to configure PID if you want to re-tune (auto-tune) or change others settings. Changing set point is as easy as UP/DOWN arrow though.

IMG_4562.JPG
IMG_4563.JPG

Last edited:
Wowzers $390 for the PID?!?

Has it got some special features that other PIDs don’t have?

Wowzers $390 for the PID?!?

Has it got some special features that other PIDs don’t have?
It’s industrial quality and reliable for dangerous processes. Yes we can get away with cheaper not as reliable eBay units but I opted for something that won’t fail or reboot itself mid brew day. The most common I see out there is the Omron E5CC and that is around $600..

Here is the red lion website PXU PID Controllers

In terms of features yes these have greater temp sensor support (a lot of cheaper ones won’t take RTDs), ability to calibrate finer, higher resolution, better accuracy, digital filtering, the list does go on but they’re the main ones I used that I couldn’t get with the eBay units.

Latest posts

Back