Inkbird IHT-1P

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QldKev

Brew Dude
Reaction score
Anyone ever had their Inkbird IHT-1P get water in it? One of mine lives on the front of my bbq and on the occasion if the rain hits on the correct angle, it can hit the thermometer. I've now lost a second one due to it getting internally wet.

From their website:
INKBIRD IHT-1P is an instant and waterproof read thermometer with lock readout, temperature calibration, backlight LCD, rechargeable battery, magnetic back and etc., which is very suitable and helpful for daily use such as meat, milk, coffee, bread, soup and home brewing.

I have a few, brewery, bbq, smoker, kitchen as they work great. The bbq is the only one that can get the occasional rain on it.

I'm trying to work out if I just had 2 duds and should stay with these or not.

Attachments

• inkbird.jpg
    inkbird.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I should add. I'm trying to work out if I just had 2 duds and should stay with these or not.

I think your a dud for leaving it out in the rain Kev...:p

From their website
INKBIRD IHT-1P is an instant and waterproof read thermometer.

It would be lucky to see rain 4 to 5 times a year. It's only when the rain blows under the patio. But thats why I paid the extra for a water proof device so I can leave them everywhere that I use them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back