Simple Coopers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bretto-1

Reaction score
hi guys

i was just wanting to make a simple batch today of coopers draught kit and a brew enhancer #1 or # 2 .

nothing fancey just a simple beer . what do you think ?

Use BE2 as it contains a percentage of malt extract.

Use BE2 as it contains a percentage of malt extract.

ok cool . i no its pretty simple as every one els is using all sorts of stuff in there brews , but its still a beer :icon_chickcheers:

i need to ferment between 20 and 10 degrees dont i ?
regards

If you are using an Ale yeast 20 is fine, 10 is good for Lager yeasts. AFAIK this kit has an Ale yeast (or possibly a mixture of both) so stick to 18-20 degrees and you'll be fine. One of the important things with temp is not to let it swing too much, especially in the first few days of ferment

yea cheers for that . when i first started out , the temp used to go up and down all the time . ive got a fridge out the back should i stick it in that so the temp will stay pretty constant ?

As long as you've got some sort of temperature controller on your fridge, otherwise it'll be too cold.
Pretty sure the kit yeast you're using will be an ale yeast which is 18-20c

I've got an ale going at the moment, with a cheap arse temp probe underneath the fermenter - this morning it said 20c.
Now the weather's cooling down, you should be right without any temp control, as long as it's in a cool dark room.

As you said, it's just a simple beer. :drinks:

Yeah depending on where you are in New South you might not even need the fridge. Now's about the time I can start fermenting out of the fridge where I live, although you do have to keep an eye on it once it starts to slow down because the ferment isn't providing the heat it needs to keep the temp up, so I generally need to move the fermentor to a warmer room, so the yeast don't nod off to early

ok yea . im on the central coast . ill just leave it in the garage

i no its pretty simple as every one els is using all sorts of stuff in there brews

Everyone starts somewhere mate. It's our job now to convert you into a homebrew maniac down the track !

Bretto another option is the bath mate just chuck your fermenter in and fillerup with some water.In winter i dont worry about the water to much but in summer i do and just add a couple of ice blocks to keep it cool.Its not perfect but works pretty good until you can get ya mits on a cheap fridge and temp controller.

Everyone starts somewhere mate. It's our job now to convert you into a homebrew maniac down the track !

yea love it haha..ill be asking more questions from time to time .

cheers again

Back