Show Us Your Pasta

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fraser_john

Go Pies
Reaction score
Spent a few days with Kirem, one night was spent rolling out some pasta and some home made meat balls made with his new grinder, kids in a toy shop :)

Homemade_pasta_at_Kirks41.JPG

Homemade_pasta_at_Kirks42.JPG

Homemade_pasta_at_Kirks43.JPG

Homemade_pasta_at_Kirks44.JPG

Homemade_pasta_at_Kirks45.JPG

Homemade_pasta_at_Kirks46.JPG

You are a real fan of the show us your posts fraser :)
Looks mighty tasty gents what was the verdic? any good?

It is always good. I was taught to make meatballs and pasta by an Italian family.

The tomato sauce is from 'tomato day'
The pasta made from scratch, well from 00 flour and free-range eggs
The mince was made fresh

the fresh mince made a huge difference, until this lot I had purchased pork mince.

I'll have to get back into cheese making and make my own 'parmesan' style hard cheese

It is always good. I was taught to make meatballs and pasta by an Italian family.

The tomato sauce is from 'tomato day'
The pasta made from scratch, well from 00 flour and free-range eggs
The mince was made fresh

the fresh mince made a huge difference, until this lot I had purchased pork mince.

I'll have to get back into cheese making and make my own 'parmesan' style hard cheese

Did you just put the balls in the sauce without browning them first? Ive only ever done it the other way round, balls first until sealed and then add sauce. Whats the sauce recipe kirem? Whos who in the pics?
Cheers
Steve

Did you just put the balls in the sauce without browning them first? Ive only ever done it the other way round, balls first until sealed and then add sauce. Whats the sauce recipe kirem? Whos who in the pics?
Cheers
Steve

yep, one of the techniques is to get the tom sauce boiling then add the meatballs. Then bring back to the boil and simmer. They poach in the tom sauce

I was the same, always roasted/browned them off first, not now.

You'll have guess who is who :D

<insert something witty about Scottish ancestry here>

<insert something witty about Scottish ancestry here>

look into it enough and you have a Fraser and a McDonald making and sharing a meal

Should not be too hard, I've got my ugly mug on other posts if I recall rightly!

Never had meatballs made from fresh pork either, best ever.

by the hair of my chinny chinny chins :D

look into it enough and you have a Fraser and a McDonald making and sharing a meal

I knew that, but couldn't think of anything witty.... and you both know very well that I have McDonald blood too :p

Latest posts

Back