Show Us Your Hop Escapee

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pennywise

Brewin' Beer for Crazy Clowns & Juggalo's
Reaction score
Cheeky little bugger this one, didn't even notice her till I had a gulp

P2270037.jpg

Must be related to the green lump that was floating in Kram's glass when he was judging an Australian Pale Ale at the BABBs mini comp last thursday :p

Haha, nice :D Happened to me a few times, put it down to dry hopping and then rushing to bottle. A week will let everything settle out nicely, and gelatin will help (although I've never used it).

Be a tad more worried if it happen now I'm BIABing, seeing as everything is contained with mesh :blink:

- boingk

Must be related to the green lump that was floating in Kram's glass when he was judging an Australian Pale Ale at the BABBs mini comp last thursday :p

Yep one of the BABBS lads, Norman I think?, decided to try dry hopping pellets direct into the bottle... lets just say it was interesting. I was really expecting a ceiling painter glashing fountain of foam. :lol:

P1010138.jpg

In the centre of the glass is a bit of hop that has made the trip from the kettle to the fermenter to the keg to the glass.

Cheers,
Greg

You can never be sure a beers been dry hopped until you've got them floating in your glass! :D

Sure that's hops, looks like someones been skeet shootin into the glass (nose flake) :lol:

Dont have a pic, but on saturday I was at a micro called Hallertau, and this place is covered with smoothcone hops (shitty NZ variety), but theyre flowering at the moment, so I put 4 fresh hop flowers into my APA pint, and oh my god it was just awesome!!! Had such an awesome fresh grassy aroma coming off of it, made my beer smell so good like it was the freshest beer in the world but still had matured flavours... Mmmmmm :icon_drool2:

Probably looked a bit wierd tho with big green hop flowers floating in my beer :lol:

Dont have a pic, but on saturday I was at a micro called Hallertau, and this place is covered with smoothcone hops (shitty NZ variety), but theyre flowering at the moment, so I put 4 fresh hop flowers into my APA pint, and oh my god it was just awesome!!! Had such an awesome fresh grassy aroma coming off of it, made my beer smell so good like it was the freshest beer in the world but still had matured flavours... Mmmmmm :icon_drool2:

Probably looked a bit wierd tho with big green hop flowers floating in my beer :lol:

Sounds a bit like our hopback at the SA xmas case swap last year!!!

KHB

Back