Show Us Your Brew Cave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided going underground was the best solution for cider and winemaking.

DSCN2027.JPG

DSCN2026.JPG

Gives a good steady temperature. Have also produced a few allgrain brews in there.

Dude, Is Bilbo Baggins your brewing assistant?

My "cave" is under the house. Couple of pics from a the start of a recent brew day.

Fermenting/CC/beer fridges respectively:
brewery1.jpg

2-level 3V setup on top of the raised concrete (and some borrowed crates :ph34r: ):
brewery2.jpg

Most of the buckets scattered around the place are for grain. There's an old-school concrete double laundry basin just out of shot on the left of the bottom photo. Various empty bottles lining the walls for inspiration :)

Cheers,
tallie

Dude, Is Bilbo Baggins your brewing assistant?

Yeah. you guessed it, big LOTR fan here. Why live in the real world when you can create your own fantasy world? Of course a glass of home brew always helps to get in the mood.

Greg

Cheers guys, it has taken me a long time to get it where it is, and don't even ask how much money I've dropped into it...
Should have just bought a braumeister and cubes...

Mate, well done. That is a kick arse setup. Very clean!

Amazing setup mckenry. Very nice, well stocked setup.

EDIT: Loved the 'other brewing activities' mentioned too ;)

Thanks guys. Lucky to have the space. Am playing in here again this morning. :D Bo Pils for Oktoberfest.

haha liked the quick pan then cut when it went past the 'essential oil' extractors
Err yeah. Should have edited that out.... The little (5L) I inherited when my dad passed away, then the big one (25L) was given to me by my FIL. Free and never used! Very generous on his behalf. I will give him some product now and then.

Well, when you live and work out of a fifth-wheel motorhome, you have to make the most of your outdoor brew days!

IMAG0043.jpg

I brew outside buy my man cave is

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my current setup

Brewery.jpg
Version 2.5 of the brewery - a new stand to be built when funds allow. Mash tun is 60L, HLT and Kettle are 95L, all electric. 2x STC-1000's for control of the HLT and the Heat Exchanger for the HERMS. Kettle runs manually off the two blue switches on the control box.

32A_Outlet.jpg
The 32A single phase outlet I installed for the brewery. Makes life easier not having to run extension leads all over the place!

Fermenting_Fridges.jpg
View from the doorway. (L-R) Grain freezer (dead), Grain Mill on wheels (MONSTER 2 roller), 2 x fermenting fridges, storage shelves.

Keg_Freezers.jpg
The two keg freezers - the one with the collar is the main one with a 7 keg capacity, the smaller will hold the additional overflow of up to 4 kegs. Gas to be plumbed to freezer two when funds allow.

Bar.jpg
And the business end - The Bar!

Cheers!

Good to see you're still having my beer on tap, Nick! :p

Yep, I stole your keg...

JUst finished updating the board for a brew day today. None of your beer, sadly :(

Nick

Some fantastic setups you guys have. Here's mine, just a single garage, a bar fridge for fermenting and I brew on top in the urn, BIAB. But currently building a 3v herms sytem as you can tell by the HEX on the table.

brewcave.jpg

My wife decided to come and sit in the brew cave and play on her Iphone because she was bored. I said to her, "Why are you bored honey, don't you have a hobby?"
She replied, no she didnt have any, and I said, yes do honey, your hobby is nagging??

Needless to say Im probably going to be sleeping in my brew cave tonight.. :D

Some nice setups.

I am the process if building my brewshed.

Couple more months and I should have some pictures

Latest posts

Back