Show Us Your Brew Cave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my man cave consists of a fridge where the washing machine would go if you had a top loader :ph34r:

P4240002.JPGP4240007.JPGP4240006.JPGView attachment 54044
Here is my brewcave. Set up for BIAB at the moment but one day soon I will be doing HERMS :)

Attachments

• P4240002.JPG
    P4240002.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 101
Hey Screwy,

I note you have a patio heater on the verandah of the brew shed. Is that to keep you warm when the temperature dips below 25degC on those cold QLD nights? :p

Stew

I want a brew cave :( I have to share the patio with the kid's toys, the cold and the smiting rain. Our next move in the next few years will hopefully include a powered shed with adequate brew cave facilities. Grain is stored on the other side of the garage fence in containers and inside with other brewing paraphernalia.

View attachment 54039

Ferment fridge (ignore the VB sticker, I've had this since I moved out of home as a youngin) and grain mill on top of the keg fridge in the container. Six kegs fit in this baby.

View attachment 54040

View attachment 54041

Looks sweet jyo. Might have to drop round. I'm in this neck of the woods at the moment.

Hey Screwy,

I note you have a patio heater on the verandah of the brew shed. Is that to keep you warm when the temperature dips below 25degC on those cold QLD nights? :p

Stew

Yeah Stew, we usually have a whole month where temps drop below 10 :lol: those pics was taken in July, you can see the banana trees are looking a bit sad.

Screwy

You poor bugger! Tomorrow is no good, but you could twist my arm for a beer on Thursday or Friday mate.

Cheers.

Spew going home Thursday arvo. All good will have to meet up another time. If you ever down south give us a yell.

my man cave is sorely overrun with non-man cave items :(

2012_04_25_21.15.48.jpg

If you look hard you can see the bar, taps in the background, brewing supplies to the left. the free standing hammock is in there but you cant see it

the cat's ok as he's a bloke and keeps the pesky mice/rats away. although his current penchant for grusomely decapitating them and leaving them out the front of the mancave door is getting a little old.

my man cave is sorely overrun with non-man cave items :(

View attachment 54088

If you look hard you can see the bar, taps in the background, brewing supplies to the left. the free standing hammock is in there but you cant see it

the cat's ok as he's a bloke and keeps the pesky mice/rats away. although his current penchant for grusomely decapitating them and leaving them out the front of the mancave door is getting a little old.

HAHA.... I think I see a brew cave in there somewhere....At least youve got heaps of room to store junk... :icon_cheers:

They all do it - it's their version of affirmation that you are the cat-leader, and they are trying to please you.

My mum's cat (one of them, she has 2), left a dead rat in her shoe as a "present".

Apparently it's nice a nice feeling at 6am. :icon_offtopic:

Our cat brought a dead rat inside as a present not too long ago. Scared the absolute crap out of swmbo.

Then when I threw it in the outside bin, the way it landed made it look like it was sitting there stairing up at you. Freaked her out a 2nd time when she went to take some garbage out.

lol I found old big boxes with random rubbish in it seem to attract mice. I killed like 5 when I threw it on the back of the ute. The dogs didnt know what one to chase I just stomped on them, they couldnt get out of the fence so was easy catching.

had some time between hop additions today so thought i take a few happy snaps

entrance to the cave, keg cleaning sink to the left, everything else sink to the right
IMG_8719.JPG

come on in
IMG_8708.JPG

throne on the right
IMG_8714.JPG

keep walking
IMG_8709.JPG

chest freezer and ferment fridge (athena keeping watch)
IMG_8710.JPG

engine room
IMG_8711.JPG

storage of all things brewing
IMG_8712.JPG

view from the back row
IMG_8713.JPG

1.064 / 60ibu in the making
IMG_8721.JPG

this is what 19kg of grain, 600g of hops and 80 odd litres of water looks like sitting at 100 degrees
IMG_8723.JPG

Seriously... that is amazing, DB. :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

OMFG. That's not a brew cave. Thats straight out of celebrity cribs. Mate that is awesome.

Clipped and Filed under "future ideas"

I should just slip a few printouts into SWMBOs reno folder

Latest posts

Back