Show Us Your Brew Cave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some pics of mine. Am in the middle of a brew so I thought I'd get a couple of snaps, even though the place is a mess at the moment...

The deck, leading to the brew cave...
IMG_1956.jpg

Stairs leading down...can be hazardous after sampling too much...
IMG_1957.jpg

It's a small garage, being below the house level seems to keep it really cool, which is handy in summer.
IMG_1959.jpg

New brewrig in action, ESB on the go...controller box on desk to the left. Yes I know I need to get started on the stand...
IMG_1960.jpg

Looking good Screwy! Think we're still due a brew day at yours aren't we ;)

:p

I was thinking the samething Nick, make it within the next 3 weeks Mike.

batz

Some fantastic setups you guys have. Here's mine, just a single garage, a bar fridge for fermenting and I brew on top in the urn, BIAB. But currently building a 3v herms sytem as you can tell by the HEX on the table.

View attachment 53975

My wife decided to come and sit in the brew cave and play on her Iphone because she was bored. I said to her, "Why are you bored honey, don't you have a hobby?"
She replied, no she didnt have any, and I said, yes do honey, your hobby is nagging??

Needless to say Im probably going to be sleeping in my brew cave tonight.. :D

Nice stainless fridge Truman!

but you gotta start drinking decent coffee!

No brew cave here, my brew stand sits outside under the eave of the unit, my fermenting fridges are in the kitchen/lounge room, and the rest of my gear is jammed into various cupboards, drawers, or stored under the bed. The perils of living in an apartment....

I was thinking the samething Nick, make it within the next 3 weeks Mike.

batz

Awesome setup Mike. Put me down for that brew day. I would fly up for that.. :D

I could do with some of that queensland sunshine atm Mike F...ng freezing down here.

Yes it's well overdue, work makes it hard to plan, get the roster 4 weeks in advance, then it gets changed. Sorry Batz, not possible in the next three weeks but maybe after June. But you're all welcome anytime, brewday or no.

Hey bulp pretty nice mancave of yours mate, must be nice in front of that wood heater with a phat IPA. Was looking at that magic rig of yours and wondering what goodies you're producing with it these days.

Truman, mate just get yourself up here anytime, does not have to be a brewday, could you convince the other half that you need a little holiday in Noosa (not far away).

Matter of fact it's time bulp and therook visited QLD again, and drag Truman and Manticle along with you.

Cheers,

Screwy

There are some awesome setups in here.

Here's mine after a brew and a tidy up this morning.

24042012864.jpg

Do what you can, with what you have.
I'll drink the shit out of your beer any day Goomba.

+1 Goomba.

yeh, I have an area in the patio for my kegerator, fermenting fridge, and brewing gear. somewhat under cover. Rain-proof, but gets dusty as hell. Takes the gloss off the nice black kegerator. We are at the start of getting the patio rebuilt so afterwards I will be putting in benches, etc, etc. Possibly above bench fonts, but will see how we go with that one.

Still managing to do extract brews in the kitchen but that won't last much longer with a 6 month pregnant wife complaining of the smells... I am currently building an electric BIAB rig, so once that is done, I will be relegated outside for all brewing and beer related activities. Which suits me fine. :p Well, maybe not in the middle of winter.

9000rpm BIAB hoist. What could possibly go wrong?? :lol:

Well, I could change out of first gear and see...

I want a brew cave :( I have to share the patio with the kid's toys, the cold and the smiting rain. Our next move in the next few years will hopefully include a powered shed with adequate brew cave facilities. Grain is stored on the other side of the garage fence in containers and inside with other brewing paraphernalia.

109_1637.JPG

Ferment fridge (ignore the VB sticker, I've had this since I moved out of home as a youngin) and grain mill on top of the keg fridge in the container. Six kegs fit in this baby.

109_1638.JPG

109_1639.JPG

You're all a bunch of bastards! :p

Wish I had a spot half as good as some of these!

Latest posts

Back