Show Us Your Bottoms!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldnt it be better to have the holes/slots facing down so the weight of the grainbed isnt pushing into them. My brain seems to think there would be slightly less pressure under the pipe than on top as the weight directly above would be shielded/diflected by the pipe.

Mine is very similar to spazs , the copper pipe pulls apart for easy cleaning with the slots facing down, apparently according to Palmer it dosen't matter which way the slots face up or down .

beerbelly

Mine is very similar to spazs , the copper pipe pulls apart for easy cleaning with the slots facing down, apparently according to Palmer it dosen't matter which way the slots face up or down .

beerbelly

Thats bizarre, mine is IDENTICAL to 'spazs'...... :p

Thats bizarre, mine is IDENTICAL to 'spazs'...... :p

This is my mash tun a 55lt esky . The manifold is connected to the tap via a peice 12mm tubing .

Homebrew05.jpg

Well, I gotta say THANKS to everyone who posted here - extremely useful stuff - thanks again.

Still didnt make the decision any easier, but at least I have a wee bit more direction now...

I'll stick some pics up when I've got my act together.

Cheers! :beerbang:

The tun shape & size will dictate what you can buy off the shelf or whether you need a custom jobbie (either DIY or bought from someone like beerbelly).

IMHO, you're better off to decide on / obtain what you will use for a tun then decide whether to use braid, a manifold or a FB. Eg why buy a 12" round FB & then find you can't find a gott sytle cooler to fit it, but in your search you find a lot of cheap well insulated eskies.... result = delay before you start your AG journey

Latest posts

Back