Show Us Your Beer Engines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After missing out on several engines on ebay, I got chatting to one of the sellers, a couple of weeks later, he emailed me saying he had a brand new Angram engine. After a few emails back and forth, the engine was mine. The package was shipped Monday night, and I received it yesterday, only 4 day shipping. The seller, who shall remain nameless, threw in a few freebies, an aspirator and demand valve!!!!! :D

Anyway, you know what they say about a picture!

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0388i.jpg

IMG_0390i.jpg

Cheers,
Jase

Some of us from BAR were in talks with a local chap who brought back an old bank of beer engines in a shipment from the UK.

Long story short, he's a bit of a PITA trying to take us for a ride. He wanted $500 for the bank of 4 or individually for $150 (he ignored the fact one is missing a key piece). I'm walking away from it as I have a brand new angram that doens't get the use it really should!

If you want to try you luck, they are located out buninyong way near ballarat and I wouldn't pay more than $400 for the lot or $120ea.

Pic below of the bank and the missing part. I don't have any better of the bank sorry.

photo__10a_.jpg

photo__4a_.jpg

Having pulled apart and restored something similar, I would not recommend buying them individually.

You would need to mount them in a very similar fashion to how they are in the cabinet. Im not saying that it cant be done just that it would take a lot of work to get it all lined up and working properly, probably beyond my ability and/or patience

Offy

I keep looking at them for "display" occasional use, but the prices is generally exy, I've looked in the UK and most need 100 quid for postage.

pump.JPG

Not bad for $100, needs driptray and seal kit.
I'll have to start brewing more bitters :)

*******! Where did you score that??!

This isn't the greatest picture in the world, but I think you get the idea.

This beer engine was advertised as brand new and I managed to pick it up off ebay for 25 + 20 for postage (I'm in the UK). I was disappointed when it turned up as it was used and wasn't clean at all. Whilst I was prepared to wear the 8 for a new seal kit (www.barleybottom.com), I wasn't happy when I pulled the handle down and noticed a vinegary smell. In the end the person refunded both the cost of the item and the postage.

A quick polish has done wonders for the stainless steel and a soaking in PBW has cleaned up the vinegary smell. I've just ordered an oil filter strap off ebay so I should be able to open the beer engine cylinder soon for a further soak and replacement of seals etc.

I recently did my maiden UK brew (a TTLL clone) and I've got the ingredients for a SNPA clone. I should be right to serve the TTLL at my housewarming in a few weeks time.

Happy brewing all.

beer_engine.jpg

Really want one of these...

Anyone know where in Aus I can possibly acquire one....

Cheers

I'm now the proud owner of a 4.5 Gal pin (cask). Can't wait till I can hook it up to my beer engine.

4.5GalPin1.jpg

Does anyone know where I can purchase shives, spiles and keystones for it? I've found a few places in the UK and US but none will ship internationally.

I'm now the proud owner of a 4.5 Gal pin (cask). Can't wait till I can hook it up to my beer engine.

View attachment 53672

Does anyone know where I can purchase shives, spiles and keystones for it? I've found a few places in the UK and US but none will ship internationally.

I watched that one on ebay, I'll be interested in what you do with it as I have one as well.

batz

I have access to an empty one if I want it as well. Just can't come up with an idea for it.

I have bought aspirators and shit from the UK no worries, just can't remember exactly where from atm; will have to check on the work computer tomorrow... <_<

I watched that one on ebay, I'll be interested in what you do with it as I have one as well.
I purchased a book from the UK on cellarmanship and thought I'd give brewing and cellaring cask ale a try for myself.

I've done it several times with corny kegs but I wanted to get a proper cask, but its not exactly something you can just walk into your LHBS and buy every day. Getting one from the UK was going to cost far to much and when I saw this one, I thought I'd have a go.

I've seen several 8+ Gal casks available on ebay and other places, but I thought they were to big for what I want to do. Its just another part of the art of brewing I want to experiment with.

http://www.barleybottom.com/menu/&cate...lar%20Equipment - I think i bought my stuff from these guys. Keystones, shives, pegs, cask taps etc on this page linked to. Probably need to email to confirm postage.

http://www.cfbsonline.co.uk/ - you can purchase using paypal & def ship internationally.

http://www.beerengines.com/products.htm these guys are actually 'Centriflow Services Ltd', I have had email dealings with them.

Latest posts

Back