Should I Buy A Chiller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopdog

Reaction score
:beer: Hey fellas, im thinking that now I have moved to all grain I should think about getting a chiller. When I extract i usually just throw the pot with the boiled extract in the fridge to cool as it doesn't take that long to cool around 6-7 litres of wort. I found that it takes ages to cool 21L of boiling wort this way and figure i should get a chiller. What are the pro's and cons of both styles plate and copper coil?

cheers

:beer: Hey fellas, im thinking that now I have moved to all grain I should think about getting a chiller. When I extract i usually just throw the pot with the boiled extract in the fridge to cool as it doesn't take that long to cool around 6-7 litres of wort. I found that it takes ages to cool 21L of boiling wort this way and figure i should get a chiller. What are the pro's and cons of both styles plate and copper coil?

cheers

Search Plate vs Immersion Chiller

Iv'e used an immersion chiller and plate chiller. Plate chiller is the way to go for sure. Requires more cleaning but depending on your water temp you can dump straight from your kettle through your plate chiller into your fermentor. If your water is cold enough in winter you could pump the boiling wort through in a couple of min's. Or you can always No-chill.

Latest posts

Back