Should I Bottle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet thanks for the heads up guys, i'll do a few more readings and maybe bottle it in about 5 to 6 days.

Will it be a good idea to take the lid off and do readings that way or just keep gettin samples ?

Just do the samples, and don't forget to drink them. After a while your taste buds will give you a good heads up as to how your beer will turn out.

cheers

Taking the lid off opens up risks of infection, makes the hydrometer hard to read and means you have to chuck the whole brew away if you happen to break the hydrometer in it.

Make it from the tap.

Cool thanks, will post another update in a few days, also have had a few tastes of the samples i have taken and it tastes pretty good even tho it's flat.

Ok well I have bottled, some of my bottles look a little cloudy then other is that any problem?

Give it a few weeks. It should clarify. If it remains cloudy there may be a problem but at this point what you're suggesting sounds pretty normal.

also how does the mixture get that fizzyness ? sounds like a stupid question
is that what the carbanation drops are for?

During fermentation carbon dioxide is produced. However the vessels we ferment in allow most of that to escape. We bottlers then add extra sugar which fires up the yeast and produces more carbon dioxide but in a more controlled manner. Keggers avoid that by adding carbon dioxide gas.

Carbon dioxide = carbonation = fizz.

Timing is variable - I've had good carbonation within a few days but mostly it's better to wait at least 14 days before trying and longer if you can (and it's not a wheat beer or similarly 'fresh is best 'type).

Cool, thanks for your advice manticle i have it dated on the calendar when to start trying my beer. When i try it i'll be lettin you know my results

Latest posts

Back