Shorten / ALP - bigoted xenophobes.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evoo4u said:
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad, or maybe my older brother Colin, or maybe my younger brother Ho-Ching Wah. But I'm pretty sure it's Colin.
Hahaha! This made me laugh! Until I thought about Colin, stealing our bloody hard earned jobs.

A cynical person might see it as an attempt by short term Shorten to try and pull back a few of the brethren who have jumped to far right into Pauline's embrace.

Dave70 said:
Henceforth, all political advertising shall contain representatives of at least two dozen ethnic backgrounds and at least four - or four and a half - individuals from the LGBT community.

Alternatively, the candidate may elect to give their address wearing a Hands Around The World T shirt whilst standing under a rainbow flag.
Sorry Dave you haven't been keeping up.

It's now LGBTIQ with other letters to be added shortly to include attraction to goats, necrophilia (which as we all know is dead boring) and things that some people (reportedly) do with vacuum cleaners.

Will the Inuit people finally get the recognition they deserve for their contribution to Australia in the updated advert?

Bribie G said:
My impression is that the actual studio set is a bit flat and boring, it could have benefited by including a slope or two.
Are comments like this really necessary?

Debate the merits of the ad/policy all you like, but surely we've graduated past childish and racist comments like this.

JD

Oops, typo, well there are enough Angles there.

And Saxons, Jutes and Vikings.

Ridiculous age we are going through. So in the interest of piece and happiness and equality I tribute this song.

God it makes me laugh. Total bitch to load must have something to do with the paranoid data monitoring system etc....

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't see the Video. Doesn't seem to work on my Microsoft phone - discriminating bastards.

Were there any redheads?

JDW81 said:

Debate the merits of the ad/policy all you like, but surely we've graduated past childish and racist comments like this.

JD
I think this is at the base of what is so crazy about the whole thing. People taking offence at such and attempting to downplay it.
I thought that was hilarious. Call or label me as uneducated, racist, whatever, but my wife is Chinese, our two kids were born there, and I spent some years as an obvious minority and outsider there, copping much blunter and more direct comments inperson. Both my wife and I managed to laugh at this comment for what it is without taking the high horse.

I was actually poking fun at the rednecks who used to use the now outdated term "slopes" - as with Stouter, SWMBO is half Chinese / Aboriginal and our family photos look like the United Nations gatherings.

I'm quarter Mick myself.

Bribie G said:
I was actually poking fun at the rednecks who used to use the now outdated term "slopes" - as with Stouter, SWMBO is half Chinese / Aboriginal and our family photos look like the United Nations gatherings.

I'm quarter Mick myself.
Careful you're using the correct terminology and descriptives there Bribie, you might offend someone, somewhere, sometime.
I find my neck occasionally gets sunburnt while working in the garden.

Stouter said:
I think this is at the base of what is so crazy about the whole thing. People taking offence at such and attempting to downplay it.
I thought that was hilarious. Call or label me as uneducated, racist, whatever, but my wife is Chinese, our two kids were born there, and I spent some years as an obvious minority and outsider there, copping much blunter and more direct comments inperson. Both my wife and I managed to laugh at this comment for what it is without taking the high horse.
My uncle is Chinese and I didn't think it was hilarious.

I may just be an over-sensitive pinko, PC, lefty, who is sitting high on the so-called moral high horse, but I don't think comments like that are necessary in 21st century Australia.

There are plenty of ways to be funny, without reverting to 1970's racist gags, which are based on a person's physical features and are very much derogatory in nature.

Just my view-point.

Flame away, I'm an easy target up here on my excessively politically correct stallion.

JD

malt junkie said:
I believe the politically correct term is "trainee" train driver.

Either way; that's a shit tonne of cash!
Back in my day he would have been an apprentice

JDW81 said:

I may just be an over-sensitive pinko, PC, lefty, who is sitting high on the so-called moral high horse, but I don't think comments like that are necessary in 21st century Australia.

There are plenty of ways to be funny, without reverting to 1970's racist gags, which are based on a person's physical features and are very much derogatory in nature.

Just my view-point.

Flame away, I'm an easy target up here on my excessively politically correct stallion.

JD
Not looking to flame. Forgive me if you've heard it before and are over it, but offence is something which is taken, not given.
Ponder for a moment how the man in your own avatar Dali fared, after such a colourful life which included rape scandals, intellectual thievery, domestic abuse and racism. Great artist, top bloke, obviously well received in the 1970's, 80's, 90's.....

Stouter said:
Not looking to flame. Forgive me if you've heard it before and are over it, but offence is something which is taken, not given.
Ponder for a moment how the man in your own avatar Dali fared, after such a colourful life which included rape scandals, intellectual thievery, domestic abuse and racism. Great artist, top bloke, obviously well received in the 1970's, 80's, 90's.....
Isn't it

4460_alanis_morissette.jpg

Stouter said:

...yes....but could he drive a train.....

Just because you didn't find it funny doesn't meant that it isn't.
The pinnacle of humour for me at least is flirting with and amplifying the taboo, turn it up a notch. Push the boundaries and see what comes out in the wash.

JDW81 said:

Just my view-point.

JD
JD JD JD hop off the stallion mate come have a beer my friend

Back