Shorten / ALP - bigoted xenophobes.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stouter said:
Not looking to flame. Forgive me if you've heard it before and are over it, but offence is something which is taken, not given.
Ponder for a moment how the man in your own avatar Dali fared, after such a colourful life which included rape scandals, intellectual thievery, domestic abuse and racism. Great artist, top bloke, obviously well received in the 1970's, 80's, 90's.....
Yes Offence is taken, and I will continue to take offence at such remarks, even is intended as jokes. But clearly I am in the minority of people who think that such comments no longer have a place in civil society.

As for Dali, I don't know anything about his life, only that I like his art. If what you say is true, I'd better remove it as my profile picture then.

rude said:
JD JD JD hop off the stallion mate come have a beer my friend
Will be having several as I've just finished a run of nights.

Maybe that's why I don't have a sense of humour at the moment?

JD

i-think-you-should-get-off-your-high-horse-because-5772996.png

TidalPete said:
Sorry Stu but no such animal as an apprentice train driver. Steering a train isn't a trade FFS. :D
"Trainee" driver it is!
I see what you did there :lol:

JDW81 said:
My uncle is Chinese and I didn't think it was hilarious.

I may just be an over-sensitive pinko, PC, lefty, who is sitting high on the so-called moral high horse, but I don't think comments like that are necessary in 21st century Australia.

There are plenty of ways to be funny, without reverting to 1970's racist gags, which are based on a person's physical features and are very much derogatory in nature.

Just my view-point.

Flame away, I'm an easy target up here on my excessively politically correct stallion.

JD
I'd argue however there's a gaping chasm between dumb, racially gratuitous, Kingswood Country style 'humor' delivered by a moron and sharp witted, percipient barbs handled by the likes of Jeff Ross or Greg Giraldo.

The Flava Flav Comedy Central roast was particularity savage, but an uproarious time was had by (predominately African American) all. Including fellow roasters Ice T and Snoop Dogg.

Giraldo: Flav, you are one black motherfucker, you look like a skeleton wrapped in electrical tape..

Ross: In these sensitive times, I'm not gonna do racial humor, that fact that Flav is black, is like the fifth thing thats wrong with him..

Might not be your cuppa, and thats fine. I personally think thats some funny shit. If that makes me a racist in some peoples eyes, so be it.

JDW81 said:
Yes Offence is taken, and I will continue to take offence at such remarks, even is intended as jokes. But clearly I am in the minority of people who think that such comments no longer have a place in civil society.

As for Dali, I don't know anything about his life, only that I like his art. If what you say is true, I'd better remove it as my profile picture then.

Will be having several as I've just finished a run of nights.

Maybe that's why I don't have a sense of humour at the moment?

JD
Oh night shifts that will do it to ya for sure

I do them farkas as well bad for you

Interesting to see basically the same people rushing to the defence of Shorten/ALP who have condemned Hanson as a racist bigot for having essentially the same policies.

Now they realise there's a few votes in it, pretty much all the parties are jumping on the bandwagon. Foreign aid funding down, security funding and militaria up.

It's only racist if you say it and your political leanings are to the right.

It's artistic and cutting edge if you say it and your political views are more to the left.

edit:: you're > your

I havnt even looked at the add pfft. I don't need to. Just cant avoid hearing the outburst of the bleeding hearts trying to justify their existence. Think if the photo was balanced otherwise as in non proportional to reality (Like 3% white people) that wouldn't get a more ugly reaction?
The photo should have had hundreds of people in it I guess. Browns, blacks, yellows, reds, turbans etc.
Oh and some of those retched white people too.

This whole racist sensationalism is like some kind of mass purge of denial from people trying to deny that we are all human, and flawed! and Racist! Its a natural human thing. No big deal in my opinion but to the fucktards trying not to be lemmings its the loudest outcry.

Why has judgment of character been shoved aside, almost dying, and been replaced by this modern age crap/ that is spewed out by the most unworthy mass of social media..
$0.02

You can imagine what would happen if the add had " Non Australians " in it

The Australian defence patriot fuckwitts league would have kittens ) and not the airlock ones either )

stm said:
Interesting to see basically the same people rushing to the defence of Shorten/ALP who have condemned Hanson as a racist bigot for having essentially the same policies.
Bullshit detectors are not racist.

At least we're not in Indonesia. If your words are misinterpreted the religious zealots will throw you in Jail for blasphemy. Good luck AHOK.

Latest posts

Back