Semi Force Carbing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stakka82

Hoptimus Prime
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a warm keg I need carbed in about 5 days. Because it's warm I can't use the Ross method, and because i need it done in 5 days I don't want to just set and forget in case it ends up undercarbed.

So I've set my reg to 25 psi for the moment to give it a head start, then i'll bring it down to serving pressure in a day or two.

Anyone ever over pressure to get things done faster in this way? From what I've seen 25psi should give me the head start I need and not over carb by the time I set to serving pressure in a couple of days. Anyone see an issue with this or have any idea how long a keg would take to get close to serving pressure (16kpi on my reg) at 25 kpi?

Looked for a table but couldn't find one.

You really should try and get it cool to increase the amount of co2 getting in to the liquid.

Google keg carbonation chart and you should find a link to one of the diagrams with psi/temp. I am on my phone.

I think you would need about 30psi at room temperature? For a simple ale around 2.7 volumes

Latest posts

Back