Searched And Failed Help Pls, Aus Lager Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewCarey82

"Baron Hardmans" Chief brewer.
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Have searched under aus, lager, aus lager, POR ect.

But cant find any decent Aussie Lager recipes.

Have a huge variety of hops and grains so not much I cant use.

Anyone got any good recipes for a standard australian lager.

Please advise.

Thanks for helping make it a real aussie day by brewing an aussie lager on aussie day.

Cheers.
Drew.

DC

Graham Sanders have a recipe on one of his December podcasts. From memory it was 80% Lager malt (Schooner for preference), 20% sugar. Mash at 66. Bitter to about 15-20IBU with POR. No aroma or flavour additions.

I'm not 100% sure aboout that though. I wasn't really listening to that part as the Aussie lagers aren't really my cup of tea. I'd check the podcast (radio.craftbrewer.org is the archive page) if you want to be sure.

Cheers
Dave

Only 1 recipe with the 42 litre one and its got about the only thing I dont have in my inventory flaked maize!

For a 18-20 litre batch.

I'd only need about 20g of POR at 60 minutes wouldnt I?

Having sampled the wares of the brewer in question.

I can highly recommend this article. :)

Warren -

DC

Graham Sanders have a recipe on one of his December podcasts. From memory it was 80% Lager malt (Schooner for preference), 20% sugar. Mash at 66. Bitter to about 15-20IBU with POR. No aroma or flavour additions.

I'm not 100% sure aboout that though. I wasn't really listening to that part as the Aussie lagers aren't really my cup of tea. I'd check the podcast (radio.craftbrewer.org is the archive page) if you want to be sure.

Cheers
Dave

Sounds like the VB clone:

VB Clone (20L batch)

2KG schooner Malt, If using lager malt mash at 72C
100g crystal
700g dextrose

15-20 IBU's POR

4 packs of lager yeast at 15C.

ZZZZZZZZZZ <_<

LOL. True.

Also at what point do I add sugar I'd presume late during the boil?

Cheers.

I added it 10 minutes before the end just to make sure it was sanitary. I don't think it makes a huge difference as to when you do it.

Wet horse is for Orval or anything with brettanomyces I think. Any updates on your seasonal sweaty equine beer, warren?

Back