Se Qld Grain Bulk Buy?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clean brewer

Obsessed Home Brewer
Reaction score
Hello all,

Since its been 3 months since the last Bulk Buy was finalised(and I wasnt included on the final list :( :p ), I am starting to get a bit low on Bulk Grain(enough for a little longer) and since there could be some spare Stimulus monies out there, just wanted to see if a BULK BUY could get going again???

Seems alot of Newer AG Brewers in this SE QLD area that could be interested aswell... Maybe it could be open until the end of May and then finalised, just to give a fair bit of time for everyone and to maybe 1 or 2 pallets worth to make it more worthwhile..

Maybe the Sort out of the Grain could co-incide® :lol: with the weekend of the Case Swap on June 7..

:icon_cheers: CB

Oh,

1. 3-4 Sacks (Clean Brewer)

2. 2-3 Sacks (Chappo)
Why not Ross was trying to flog me a mill today... that'll teach him :huh:

Hello all,

Since its been 3 months since the last Bulk Buy was finalised(and I wasnt included on the final list, I am starting to get a bit low on Bulk Grain(enough for a little longer) and since there could be some spare Stimulus monies out there, just wanted to see if a BULK BUY could get going again???

Seems alot of Newer AG Brewers in this SE QLD area that could be interested aswell... Maybe it could be open until the end of May and then finalised, just to give a fair bit of time for everyone and to maybe 1 or 2 pallets worth to make it more worthwhile..

Maybe the Sort out of the Grain could co-incide :lol: with the weekend of the Case Swap on June 7..

Oh,

CB,

Sunshine Brewer started off a bulk grain a little time ago that was to close at the end of the month ---- HERE
It sort of fizzled out due to lack of interest but perhaps you might consider adding your sacks to it to build the BGB up a little?
I'm in no real hurry & can wait until the BGB reaches a full pallet as I think others have mentioned also. :blink:

TP

Edit ---- You too Chappo.

CB,

Sunshine Brewer started off a bulk grain a little time ago that was to close at the end of the month ---- HERE
It sort of fizzled out due to lack of interest but perhaps you might consider adding your sacks to it to build the BGB up a little?
I'm in no real hurry & can wait until the BGB reaches a full pallet as I think others have mentioned also. :blink:

TP

Hey TP,
Was just trying to re-do it based on these replies in the BB that Sunshine tried to get started.. ;)
SB,

You may well have to look further afield if you want that full pallet. I may be interested in another sack of BB Galaxy depending on my stocks in a months time.
Every little helps. :)

TP
I'm in no hurry so I will give this one a miss and grab Galaxy when Ross has it in.

Batz
I could make do with just one sack for now but prefer bulk buy madness. Maybe I need to rearrange delivery so to include Brissie brewers that are after a few sacks at once. It really doesnt make sense (discount) unless you are getting three or so bags of imported malts especially as alot of brissie brewers are members of BABBS and get a discount already or so I believe.
Anyway Ill keep at it one more week then decide?

And thats about where it ended....

CB,

TP

no biggie TP, if this new bulk buy can get going then great. I'm not a big fan of Brisbane but i'll go there to get grain etc.

Hey TP,
Was just trying to re-do it based on these replies in the BB that Sunshine tried to get started.. ;)

And thats about where it ended....

Cheers CB :icon_cheers: I will add to the list at a later date. How long do you intend to let this run for?

Sunshine brewer, Just saw your post.
Do you still want to split that sack of W. Dark Wheat?

TP

no biggie TP, if this new bulk buy can get going then great. I'm not a big fan of Brisbane but i'll go there to get grain etc.
Didnt want to spoil the Party Sunshine(would have loved to pick up from Doonan), just wanted to hopefully get some interest going and give it a month to get some numbers up, im not in a hurry but will be quite low by June... Better buy up before the End of Financial year so I can claim it on Tax.. :D

2. 2-3 Sacks (Chappo)
3. 1X W Munich 1X W Vienna 1X TF Halcyon (Sunshine_Brewer)

10 sacks already I dont think I got to half that!

Didnt want to spoil the Party Sunshine(would have loved to pick up from Doonan), just wanted to hopefully get some interest going and give it a month to get some numbers up, im not in a hurry but will be quite low by June... Better buy up before the End of Financial year so I can claim it on Tax.. :D

Interest is the key, lets hope this one kicks of a bit better.

Cheers CB :icon_cheers: I will add to the list at a later date. How long do you intend to let this run for?

Sunshine brewer, Just saw your post.
Do you still want to split that sack of W. Dark Wheat?

TP
I would be cool to let it run till the end of the month of May.. As I said, maybe it could be picked up on the weekend of the Case Swap(being Queens BDay Long Weekend), might be handier for some people?? ;)

You got to 5 sacks Sunshine in your attempt :blink: :lol: , anyhow, 10 is alright for about 1/2 hour.... Bout 1/3 the way for a pallet..

I can pick up and drop off at the case swap guys if the pickup is in Brisbane. I have a 1 tonne trailer.

A bit of good news on the bulk buying front...

From the 1st of May, Barrett Burston Ale, Pale & Galaxy just $39 a sack!!!
All the other grains have also dropped in price plus Belgian malts available...We retailers just can't be trusted B)
all new bulk pricing is on our site.

cheers Ross

A bit of good news on the bulk buying front...

From the 1st of May, Barrett Burston Ale, Pale & Galaxy just $39 a sack!!!
All the other grains have also dropped in price plus Belgian malts available...We retailers just can't be trusted B)
all new bulk pricing is on our site.

cheers Ross

Thats pretty :beerbang: good Ross, so its a great time to get on board this BB then I guess hey!!
Will these prices stay stable for quite a while or does it just depend??

Thats pretty :beerbang: good Ross, so its a great time to get on board this BB then I guess hey!!
Will these prices stay stable for quite a while or does it just depend??

Prices normally only change once a year unless something extreme happens with currency or supply.

cheers Ross

jeez!

That is a bargain Ross :D

2. 2-3 Sacks (Chappo)
3. 1X W Munich 1X BB Ale 1X Galaxy 1X BB Wheat 0.5X W D Wheat (Sunshine_Brewer)
4. 1 x BB Galaxy - 0.5 x W. Dark Wheat (Split with Sunshine Brewer)

2. 2-3 Sacks (Chappo)
5. 1 x BB Galaxy, 1 x BB Ale (might add more soon)

Anyone keen to split a bag of Weyermann Smoked?

Cheers

Excellent...just in time for the new brewery :D

2. 2-3 Sacks (Chappo)
5. 1 x BB Galaxy, 1 x BB Ale (NickB)
6. 1 x TF Maris Otter, 1x W Pils, 1x W Wheat, 0.5x W Munich (Ecosse)

Back