Scrumpy - Just Add Meat

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe its to add nitrogen to help the yeast out (apples are very low in nitrogen).

I thought that "scrumpy" was just another name for 'cider' depending on where it was made, I remember they did have a thing about it on one of the Oz/James beer shows.
I've only tried one 'scrumpy' and that was made in Australia by Bulmers so it's most likely not representative of the 'real' thing, however it's not something I'd want to put meat into, nor am I patient enough to wait a year to drink it. ;)

edit: if it is to add nitrogen, as Bugglz suggested, adding DAP would be my preference over raw meat. :)

Notice that i moved it. Wasn't sure how to remove the original.

Would probably want to go the non-meat version myself...

So, if you use DAP, and make a lot of scrumpy, the federal police will wonder why you are buying so much fertiliser to not make bombs...

So, if you use DAP, and make a lot of scrumpy, the federal police will wonder why you are buying so much fertiliser to not make bombs...
DAP can be purchased in small amount at most LHBS, I got 1 kg of it, and think it will last me a lifetime. ;)

Latest posts

Back