Say No, To Beer Snobbery!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never liked beer, I still remember tasting my mums beer out of a can (who knows what it was) and the smell and taste I hated it for years. I was always attracted to the froth of my Grandfathers over carbonated home brew. I would try it and still not like it! Spent many a weekend watching boyfriends drinking throw downs of VB's and when there feeling fancy Carlton Cold. Still couldnt get into the beer.

The first beer I started to enjoy was Toohey's Old, then Coopers Sparkling. The first time I tried LCPA I felt like a child in a lolly shop for the first time. My tastebuds got excited! Now its all to late!

More good beer for the rest of us! Heh heh! I'll have a few of these then since you're not drinkin'....!!!

snip.............

And QLD:

Burleigh Brewing Company
Preservation Brewery - Eumundi Markets 124 Memorial Drive Eumundi
The Sunshine Coast Brewery
The Brew House
Townsville Brewing Company
Oxford 152

Brew House and Oxford 152 are no more. Dunno about the Eumundi brew house, haven't heard of it for years

Went to a wedding at the weekend and had to drink UK crap. Really pissed me off as I expected the venue to have good beers so maybe I`m guilty. Definitely a whisky snob, only drink aged malts.

Och what's a good wedding without a keg of warm Tartan served with a car foot pump :lol:

If you haven't anything nice or constructive to say, say nothing at all. If you have to put others down to make yourself a bigger person, are you really any bigger?
There goes 95% of my posts and a few others also :lol:

I'm what you call a beer snob for what I have learn't through educating my palate and choosing to no longer purchase mass marketed megaswill. Not for shtyte canning other individuals for what they choose to drink and if you do your more the DH then a beer snob for doing so. Shyte canning people for not choosing to drink megaswill doesn't make you ant better either..... you can lead a Beer Snob to Beer but you can't make him drink.

Oh and I'll take a scotch fillet burger over a big mac any day, but hey a lot of people actually like to eat Macca's and I have no idea why...!

Choosing not to drink beer you do not like doesn't make you a snob. I won't drink most mass market beer by choice, there are social events where you have no options and often I'll chose wine in that case.

But I don't bag my mate or collegues for their beer choices either, but having introduced a few to my beers and shouting craft beers are when we go to the pub some are changing their tastes and choosing craft beers over "megaswill"

Most peoples first beer will have been one of the mass market brands, I grew up drink Cascade Draught and Pale Ale, when I moved to Sydney I drank either New or VB only since getting into brewing myself and doing a couple of case swaps have my horizons expanded and VB/New etc is no longer for me, but I don't look down on people who do drink VB or New, if they are happy drinking it good luck to them.

I guess I'm slowly becoming a beer snob of sorts but, more pertinently, my fully-fledged grammar snobbery wants to punch the title of this thread in the comma.

I guess I'm slowly becoming a beer snob of sorts but, more pertinently, my fully-fledged grammar snobbery wants to punch the title of this thread in the comma.

Says the man from Quilpie? ROFL! :lol:

I practice what I preach. I committed all sorts of acts of violence against punctuation while up there.

I even cock-punched an ampersand.

I practice what I preach. I committed all sorts of acts of violence against punctuation while up there.

I even cock-punched an ampersand.

Wow you are tough... Sorry Bum for asking.... (Chappo cowls in the corner hoping not to be scorned for using too many exclamation marks!!!!!)

Or one of these :p

ADRC.JPG

Ya egg head! :lol: Remember I'm a dumb assed Builder?

They have those on trappist monasteries. Monks sometimes wear them to relieve themselves from the boredom of silent prayer.

We are all right.

Re dumbarse: I know you're kidding but anyone who can go from a site full of dirt to the frame of a wooden house in just a couple of days gets a weeny bit of respect from me.

Pretty much drink any beer offered,rude not to accept.I'm a tradie so get offered some dAMN strange stuff,from so many different nationalities.

I do have my beer at home,but sometimes being polite is more important then bad beer.

And I am a beer snob,will not drink a beer unless in it's proper glass

A while back in a local bottlo, a bloke was buying his after work sixpack of XXXX Gold. He was behind me at the checkout and saw that I had paid $17.80 for a sixpack of James Squire IPA. The bloke says "seventeen bucks for a sixpack a beer mate, you'd have to be some sort a dick head"

Never had anyone comment to me like that.

Round where I grew up comments like that to someone in a bottle shop would have you on the floor without a word said. He musta been feeling brave that day haha.

Brew House and Oxford 152 are no more. Dunno about the Eumundi brew house, haven't heard of it for years

Cheers Bribie! Grabbed the list off the Melbourne Brewers website. Now I can give them crap that their microbrewery list is out of date! :D

Being a mexican (victorian) I haven't been to QLD for years. Just sticking up for us interstaters in the face of New South Welshman insults!!! lol!

Hopper.

Never had anyone comment to me like that.

Round where I grew up comments like that to someone in a bottle shop would have you on the floor without a word said. He musta been feeling brave that day haha.

Yeh it's different sometimes.Whats your favourite drop at the moment syd 03?

Where I grew up the whole country would be pissed

Back