Sanitised Lines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budron

Reaction score
Do'h. I just kegged my first beer...........but forgot to sanitise my lines and tap.

I only have the 1 keg ATM.

Any ideas short of taking all the disconnects off and pouring the sanitiser through using gravity? Is there anything else I could pressurise to pump the sanitiser through?

Cheers,

Budron.

if its brand new lines and tap, i wouldn't be overly concerned of infection shawshanking its way back into the keg. uness of course it originated from morgan freeman.. then you're screwed!

lol i never santise my lines and tap - nuthins gunna happen dont worry about it :)

Ha, cheers guys, I guess I worry too much......sanitise sanitise sanitise!

When my keg finishes, and I clean it out, I pour in a couple of litres of boiling water and then run it through the line and tap, this does a great job at cleaning for the most part, and I have a routine to clean out the tap say every 3 months or so by pulling it apart completely and cleaning it.

Doing it this way, I have never had an infection in my beers yet, the boiling water does wonders at stripping sugars out from your taps.

cheers,

Crundle

not really for lines... I figure the new beer pushes the old beer out. I use the front sealing perlick taps, and I spray a squirt of sanitiser up the spout after use to rinse the beer out. Beyond that I took em apart for a clean after 18 months of use and they were spotless *shrugs*

Latest posts

Back