Sandgroppers Xmas Case Swap?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimboley

Reaction score
Has anyone started a thread yet??
Are we doing a swap this year??

I wont be able to host the event tis year, and woudl be sad to see sucha a great event end, so many inovolved have stopped brewing, or moved away, it might be hard to fidn a full flight. maybe have it at your shop?

Some other members of WCB mentioned this at the last meeting so there are a few other people out there interested in doing something similar so might be time to start thinking about it to give time to prepare. I missed out last year so will be keen to get stuck in this year.

I wont be able to host the event tis year, and woudl be sad to see sucha a great event end, so many inovolved have stopped brewing, or moved away, it might be hard to fidn a full flight. maybe have it at your shop?

The shop is closing down mate :(
We can have it at my joint, but thats in port kennedy?

Some other members of WCB mentioned this at the last meeting so there are a few other people out there interested in doing something similar so might be time to start thinking about it to give time to prepare. I missed out last year so will be keen to get stuck in this year.

I know someone with a WICKED set up....... :ph34r:

I also missed out on this last year so would be interested and could probably bring along 3 other brewers.

I won't be able to make it this year as I am moving to Scotland in two weeks. However, if I were staying I'd add my name below. May as well start a list up then sort a venue later. What's the worst that happens? You keep the beer you brewed for it...

1. Jimboley
2. keifer33
3. cdbrown
4. sinkas?

I say we have it in a large central-ish park like we did in NSW in the past, so we are able to BBQ and get the swap on and not worry about other people because there is enough space for everyone to mind their own business.

I don't know Perth well, but the Bayswater Riverside Gardens (eastern side of the foreshore parklands) is an option near me. Could probably do with more shade and perhaps BBQ facilities.

I would love to nominate my house, but the more I think about it, it is simply waay too small... the carport is the largest open space and it faces my neighbouring townhouses.

Before this thread came up I was thinking about a WA sour/funky beer case swap. Would there be any interest in this for some time next year? I will start a separate thead if there is interest.

1. Jimboley
2. keifer33
3. cdbrown
4. sinkas?
5. Bizier
6. malt_shovel

BBQ's around the south perth foreshore would be reasonably central...

Oi... where have you been hiding ?

BBQ Venue would be problematic I think.
I have the space to host, but no undercover area or shade for what is usually a pretty damn warm time of year.
I'd be interested in being involved in the swap, but will have to see if my brewing mojo comes back.
If it does, then I'll be in Dan's funky beer swap with a Berlinner Weisse or some such.

If it doesn't have to be an AG brew you can count me in.
It's not exclusive to AG, plus your next brew will have more grain than extract in it!

I'm hesitant to put my hand up to host at this stage as there's a new brewer due in late October, plus my bar is only partially complete.

A park would be ok, but if it is only a small event I should be able to get the trouble and strife to give me the green light to host.

More the merrier Evil G. Be a good chance for people to give feedback.

Event would be for a max of 24 swappers - a bottle each!

Latest posts

Back