Sandgropers Xmas Case '06

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Tony M and I will have to do our own festivis case

Nahh, lets make everyone brew high gravity and dilute to suit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...or extend it to 15 with Case and Tony then call it quits at that. That makes 28 bottles.

Beyond that and it's gotta be bottles supplied = n-1.

Where PE means proxy entry, that would make it...

1. Guest Lurker aka Captain Sensible
2. Corellion
3. Vlad the Pale Aler
4. Simon W
5. deebee
6. Goat
7. chillamacgilla73
8. ant
9. JasonY
10. ausdb
11. barfridge PE
12. Asher PE
13. BigAl PE
14. sinkas
15. Tony M PE

I'll be in it.

I'm not in Perth, but do I qualify?

Found this thread late, looks like its done, though.

Edit: If I reply here in person, I get in right?

Wow, can't believe that went so quick.

I would love to be in but maybe too late as well.

The Xmas case isn't only for Perth brewers. I suggest you start a new list and see if you can get a second group together. The second group can quite comfortable run alongside the first one and i'm sure someone will volunteer to be the drop off point for you guys.

Hope is not lost yet :beerbang:

Chatty

I am a non capper. I'd rather try a larger range of different brewers efforts, than 2 of each of a smaller range. My opinion is leave it open, cap it at 25 ish, and do one longneck per person. Thoughts from those who have made it into the case so far? PS Dave I agree though if we get one bottle from each they better not be "small" longnecks.

I don't want to get narky about it, but I see this list was completed by some members nominating others, then "capping" the number.

How fair was this?

Or was it supposed to operate this way?

hi guys...

Am I too late for this? I missed out on the one in mid this year and would lvoe to get on board for it ....

you realise that if you get 24 people, thats 24 different beers!!!

I don't want to get narky about it, but I see this list was completed by some members nominating others, then "capping" the number.

How fair was this?

Or was it supposed to operate this way?

Fair comment. Those others were nominated on the strength of their regular participation in the Christmas case over a few years, not in any attempt to exclude. I'd rather have a non-capped case than forum members getting noses put out so sign on up.

Having said that, there is a limit to the number who can participate and there's no reason why those missing out on the first case shouldn't start a second. Like I said, I bet there will be some who sign up to both.

DB

How do the larger sites like Sydney and the such handle this ?

Whistlingjack, It is kinda fair in a way, most of the guys in the current list were involved with last years Case, and possibly even the year before.
So they're kinda looking out for their own which is fair enough in my book considering I'm a blow-in.
I think only Corellion, myself and possibly ant are the odd ones out in the list of 15 so far.

I kinda like the idea of getting two of the same, as Deebee points out one can be stored to mature. I think there were a few that benifited from this last year.
However, I'm with GL on the capping issue, so it doesn't really bother me if its one or two bottles.

Different story tho if more than twenty-something people want in! :eek:

"Dave I agree though if we get one bottle from each they better not be "small" longnecks." - GL
Might have to remove 500ml from the rules and leave it at 700-750ml bottles only?

If 500mL bottles were easier(cheaper!) to get hold of, we could cap at 20 people with two bottles each.....
Anyone wanna try contacting AGI? lol

Simo

You want brewers to take part in a swap.

You bung a message on this board and take participants on a "first in first served" basis. You then cap the number allowed.

Then you say "well these other guys have been in previous swaps, so they're in anyway"

I'll say (and moderators take note), this is not fair play!

What's the answer?

Don't advertise this sort of thing if you're not interested in accommodating all members.

*stepping off the soapbox and donning flame suit*

Theres no need for a flame suit, i can understand why yer angry.
I'm just trying to explain why some people have been added to the list in their absence.

I'm quite happy to relegate my position in the list if you want it.
As it is im up for a massive brew day or two with the gear I've got, and quite a lot of cash outlay buying 3 boxes of coopers bottles, so if you want my spot its yours.

Simo

How condescending of you, SimonW. I'm not interested in your "spot".

All I want to say if that the organiser(s) of this swap decided that certain brewers would be included, or excluded, depending on certain circumstances, then the Personal Message function on this board would have been a more appropriate way of advertising.

????
Condescending? I'm not trying to patronize you, I can see your quite upset about the cap and it was a genuine offer. I only wanted to take part in the case because it sounded like fun, right now it's anything but.

No offence meant, SimonW, apologies if any taken.

Just have the irrits about the process.

Thanks for the offer, anyway.

None taken.

I'm all for reducing it to 1x 750ml bottle per person which would set the 'cap' to 30 people for a single 22.5L brew.

EDIT:

"How do the larger sites like Sydney and the such handle this ?" - mika_lika

NSW - capped at 28 people, single longnecks/kingies
VIC - capped at 24 people, single longnecks
SA - capped at 25 people, double stubbies
QLD(2005) - capped at 18 people, double longnecks (27L brew!)

Double stubbies sounds cool, I've got a millon of them , but it means more bottling for those that hate doing it, and its also a drama for storage/transporting.

I'm really not phased. Whatever works out to be the easiest for everyone, I'm happy.

Thought this might happen,

I have just put my "Spot " up on Ebay....get ur bids in people!

Just search for "HomeBrewing, Scam and Wubble"

Ahem, sorry to interrupt, but...

1. Guest Lurker aka Captain Sensible
2. Corellion
3. Vlad the Pale Aler
4. Simon W
5. deebee
6. Goat
7. chillamacgilla73
8. ant
9. JasonY
10. ausdb
11. barfridge PE
12. Asher PE
13. BigAl PE
14. sinkas
15. Tony M PE
16. Whistlingjack

AND NO STUBBIES!!!

PS Sinkas, if I get a decent bid for my spot, we'll start up the secret policemen's other case.

Latest posts

Back