Sandgropers Xmas Case '06

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just put my "Spot " up on Ebay....get ur bids in people!

Classic :D

To be honest I only suggested the cap as in reality supplying many more than 20 - 30 longnecks is just not going to happen for me. I am happy enough with 1 bottle only if the numbers get big. If it passes 24 its going to be difficult for me to come up with enough beer.

I am sure this will sort itself out :chug:

Shoulder handbags fellas - I thought this was meant to be for fun :unsure:

If there is a space for an outsider I count me in - dont want to upset the inner sanctum or anything like that :ph34r:

RM

:ph34r:

Will be interesting to see how Capt Sensible's Rule 9 will be applied "...Ash in Perth, your presence is required, as is your robust porter..."

Guys, let's just be practical about this; there has to be a limit to numbers at some point if we make a reasonable assumption that the lowest common denominator in average brew size is 22-23L (with exception of a 10L brewer!), which after losses, will give us 24-25 750mL king browns (and a couple to keep for yourself).

Why not set Case#1 as being 24 single 750mL contributions. For those who would like to be able to keep a second bottle to see how the beers mature, accept that you will need to either make a double batch, or 2 brews, and start Case#2, where your second bottles are contributed, as well as being an option for those who miss out on Case#1. If this is filled, start Case#3...

Just a thought. But let's remember that this is supposed to be about spreading Chrissy cheer and a love of beer. Ant

Look, I didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest. I just thought that "capping" the contribution was a bit exclusive and didn't allow for those (like me) who missed the start of this thread and wanted to join in on the fun.

I can contribute up to 28 750ml bottles or 60 345ml stubbies. Whatever you like.

If you want to start a second list, I'm OK with that too.

FWIW I'd be more interested in a wider variety, rather than two of each.

Im in again this year.
On hols and not getting onto the net very often, thanks for the heads up Deebee and GL.

No sure when Asher will be on the net on his world travels, but i reckon he is a definite starter.

Bigal

Im in again this year.
On hols and not getting onto the net very often, thanks for the heads up Deebee and GL.

No sure when Asher will be on the net on his world travels, but i reckon he is a definite starter.

Bigal

Thought you would BigAl thats why I put you and Asher up for it yesterday,
Maybe as a sideline you could contract brew some beers for the volume challenged brewers in our midst on your shiny new mega system :p :p

Geez, offline for two days and look what happens :( Hope there's still room for a K&K brewer? :eek:

Can I be in both cases ?
Where will the second case be distributed from?
Can Vlads Mum be in a case?
Will Case have his own case (sorry Case ).
A case of verbal diarrohea ?
What about Justin case ?
Case closed ?
In case you have'nt noticed......

Can I be in both cases ?
What about Justin case ?
Case closed ?
Should it be a Cold Case?
Or an Open and Shut case?

I think i'll wait for next year as i'll be away for this one.
New York for Xmas.

Rich

Can I be in both cases ?
What about Justin case ?
Case closed ?

A Coroner's case?

Or a case for the caped crusader...

Can I be in both cases ?
What about Justin case ?
Case closed ?
A Coroner's case?

In reality I think its become a basket case <_<

Can I be in both cases ?
What about Justin case ?
Case closed ?
A Coroner's case?

In reality I think its become a basket case <_<

Cot Case ?

LOL sinkas!

So seems everyones cool with n=1?
If so, updated list has a few question marks:

1. Guest Lurker aka Captain Sensible
2. Corellion
3. Vlad the Pale Aler
4. Simon W
5. deebee
6. Goat
7. chillamacgilla73
8. ant
9. JasonY
10. ausdb
11. barfridge PE
12. Asher PE
13. BigAl PE
14. sinkas
15. Tony M PE
16. Whistlingjack
---
17. Kroozy ?
18. Chatty ??
19. factor ?
20. mika_lika ??
21. roger mellie ?
22. Hillbilly ?

Yeah I know, stubbies was a stupid thought.

Willing to be the agent for the second case, similar set of rules. Basically same dog, different leg action.
Looks like there's enough to make it worth while, even if it's a downsized version. So basically we'll run in parallel with the existing set, with a view to catering for those who missed the thread for whatever reason.
Your vote will get my committment.

Hi Guys.

GL here. You know, the guy that set the rules for this case? Flock me, I go off to a conference for 2 days and it all goes pear shaped!

These things are not democratic, they cant be. If we set up a poll to decide how many bottles, what size bottles, are proxy entries allowed, we will maybe get it organised for Christmas 2007. But I doubt it.

So someone has to launch some rules and spend time organising it. I did that last 2 years and am willing to do it this year. That involves picking beer up, dropping beer off, providing people with bottles, helping people with labels, providing my place for the swap. I do it because I think it helps bring the WA brewing community together. Inevitably there will be a bias towards those who have not only contributed to the last 2 case swaps, but meet regularly during the year to swap beers.

If it got to the point that I was simply providing an unpaid service while everyone else took potshots at the process, I would have no interest in doing it anymore. But I dont think we have got there yet.

So, let me clarify how I intended this case to work.

I wanted it to be as inclusive as possible. I think it is great there are more WA brewers on this board, and I want to try their beers. That is why I specifically organised potential transport from Katanning and Albany. That is why I suggested people could use slightly smaller bottles if access to bottles, or batch size might prevent them joining. I want to see how their beer tastes, I dont care if I swap 750 ml of my beer for 500 ml of theirs to do that.

The only reason we went to 2(n-1) on the first case was that we didnt have enough brewers to fill a decent crate. My intention was always to go to n-1 if we could get enough interest. It seems we do and I am very happy about that.

I don't think proxy entries are acceptable. Post here in this thread or miss out. I either phoned or pmd the regulars to deliberately give them an advantage over other comers, and that is as far as the advantage should go. I dont have a mobile number for Barfridge (but AusDB, you do, call him now), I dont have a mobile number for Asher (but BigAl Im sure you do, call him now). Anyone have a number for TonyM? I will at least send him a PM.

Lets try to keep to a single case. Number of longnecks is n-1. NO STUBBIES. Maximum value of n = 25. That means 24*.75 = 18 l of beer. You can provide 2 different brews if that batch size is a problem.

These are the rules as determined by me. If you dont like them, set up your own flocking case swap.

As far as I can see, the participants are:

1. Guest Lurker aka Captain Sensible
2. Corellion
3. Vlad the Pale Aler
4. Simon W
5. deebee
6. Goat
7. chillamacgilla73
8. ant
9. JasonY
10. ausdb
11. sinkas
12. Whistlingjack
13. Kroozy
14. factor
15. mika_lika
16. roger mellie
17. Hillbilly

So there is still plenty of room for Barfridge, Asher and TonyM to get in if they log on. If that list isnt correct, reply to this post and edit the list.

Latest posts

Back