Sandgropers Xmas Case '06

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome back mate, good to hear the trip was enjoyable (and you didn't get blown up in the middle east).

On another note, if anyone needs some 750ml bottle, and access to a bench capper, just let me know.

Welcome back Asher.

We might close this off soon, as its getting to brewing time. At the moment n=22, you supply 21 long necks. Any more takers for the case?

This shouldnt really mater but i am going to have 3 different beers for the case. so far i have bottled (PET's) some of my german wheat and some of my 'funky' lager. this rest will come from my currently fermenting oktoberfest. Sorry for the messing around but these were all ready to be brewed when i decided to enter the case swap and i am already brewing more than i drink so i didnt want to do a brew purely for the swap.

Maybe it would be good if people start saying what they are brewing so we dont get a case of mixed american pale ales or something? just an idea.

Maybe it would be good if people start saying what they are brewing so we dont get a case of mixed american pale ales or something? just an idea.

I think that would be against the spirit of the case which used to be in previous years, not sure which section or sub clause of the rules it was but it went along the lines of:
"Brew the best beer you can according to your current level of skill, equipment and ability"
Adjudication here please Capn

I think that would be against the spirit of the case which used to be in previous years, not sure which section or sub clause of the rules it was but it went along the lines of:
"Brew the best beer you can according to your current level of skill, equipment and ability"
Adjudication here please Capn

Im a slack ******* so you will be getting some of whatever I am brewing in the next couple of months :) not negotiable. And some of it will likely be an APA :p

[

Sandgroper Christmas Case 2006.

The rules.

5) We dont care what you are going to make, dont post your beer style to this thread, we dont get hung up on that sort of thing.

Posting your beer choice would be in direct contravention of rule 5 on page 1 of this thread.

While those eastern staters fill pages and pages discussing what they are going to brew, we Sandgropers just brew it, turn up, swap it, go away and drink it, with a minimum of fuss.

Adjudication delivered.

Captain Sensible

[

Sandgroper Christmas Case 2006.

The rules.

5) We dont care what you are going to make, dont post your beer style to this thread, we dont get hung up on that sort of thing.

Posting your beer choice would be in direct contravention of rule 5 on page 1 of this thread.

While those eastern staters fill pages and pages discussing what they are going to brew, we Sandgropers just brew it, turn up, swap it, go away and drink it, with a minimum of fuss.

Adjudication delivered.

Captain Sensible

And that's the way we like it. Top stuff Capt'n

Ash in Perth (as opposed to Asher not in Belgium) -
Why not take your PET bottles to work one quiet night and save the trouble of all this brewing malarky. ;)

With my experience level, I'm likely to brew something thats already in the case. Infact, it's already been mentioned so I apologise in advance!
20-something different brews is great, but the occasional similar style in the case will allow me to compare them and learn something.

Hi Asher, I did a similar trip back in Feb/March, awesome experience eh?

Simo

Edit: Oh and I also apologise to Vlad, I'll be using PET bottles too! Cheapest/Easiest option right now.

Re: Long necks

anyone still got enough left that I could take some for the event?

Re: Long necks

anyone still got enough left that I could take some for the event?

I still have plenty left, but am down to ones that have been stored out the back of the shed, so containing rainwater and the odd slug or snail. They would just need a soak and a quick brush I think. Let me know.

I too have some, recently washed, still on the bottle tree

I still have plenty left, but am down to ones that have been stored out the back of the shed, so containing rainwater and the odd slug or snail. They would just need a soak and a quick brush I think. Let me know.

Hmm slug IPA thats an idea! Kinda like the worm in tequila :eek: Could be controversial!

Just bottled my Christmas case and managed to fill 21 twenty six ounce bottles. The rest of the keg went to spillage and samples, so if anybody else puts their name on the list, they will get a pluto filled beer of the day.
The bottles are probably more interesting than the beer. Most are 50 year old swan lager except for a prewar one, a Chapman & Jose of Geraldton, an ancient Richmond Brewing Company and a really old unbranded.

Right then. That sounds like a cap at 21 bottles each as per....

1. Guest Lurker aka Captain Sensible
2. Corellion
3. Vlad the Pale Aler
4. Simon W
5. deebee
6. Goat
7. chillamacgilla73
8. ant
9. JasonY
10. ausdb
11. sinkas
12. Whistlingjack
13. Kroozy
14. factor
15. mika_lika
16. roger mellie
17. Hillbilly
18. BigAl
19. Barfridge
20. Asher
21. Ash
22. Tony M

THE 2006 SANDGROPERCHRISTMAS CASE IS CLOSED. n=22. Number bottles supplied = 21. Case swap day is 16 Dec. Time to be announced. Either come on the day and do the swap or get your beers to me beforehand. Now that you are in YOU CANT PULL OUT. I havent actually brewed mine and have to go away for work next week but will find a way to get something for the case, even if I bring back a case of Bintang from Indonesia.

We call that witchdoctor beer.
OO EE OO AH AH BINTANG WALLA WALLA BINGTANG.
Apologies to Charlie Drake.

A reminder to Sandgropers about rule 6.

6) Once you commit, there is NO BACKING OUT. One year, one participant ended up buying commercial beer to meet his case obligations. We didnt argue, and we didnt let him off!

There is 1 month until swap day. I am going overseas next week and will be away until 7 Dec but will organise the swap day for 16 Dec when I get back. I am not going to have time to brew the case beer I intended but will bottle a lager I have lagering when I get back.

Get organised guys, if you dont turn up with the beer on 16 Dec we will hunt you down, mug you, and buy your case contribution using your credit card at the International Beer Shop.

Latest posts

Back