Sandgropers Xmas Case '06

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Running out of time, and quite likely I will be buying Emu Export for the case this year.

Running out of time, and quite likely I will be buying Emu Export for the case this year.
Oh well, that's gotta be better than an extract brew anyway :blink:

Only kidding, your bongwater black from last year was sensational, I hope you manage to crank something out. Give me a yell if you want a hand with anything, have can opener, will travel :)

Hey don't knock export. They export it, right?

should be called Emu Extract, extracted from a thousand Emus anuses, right into your local pub.

should be called Emu Extract, extracted from a thousand Emus anuses, right into your local pub.

LOL! My high school art teachers claim to fame was designing the label for Emu Export.....otherwise known as "Red Death" by some mates due to the most hideous hang over caused by drinking >2 cans.

Some fond, if hazy, memories there. EEL was my high school drink. More bang for your buck.

If I can't get a brew together for the case I will treat you all to some of my memories.

Some fond, if hazy, memories there. EEL was my high school drink. More bang for your buck.

If I can't get a brew together for the case I will treat you all to some of my memories.

If your going to do it.... make sure you do it properly

Buy the carton now so you still have time to lager it the back shed at 40+ deg for the next month
:wacko:

Take the labels off and recap the bottles with unbranded crownseals. Tell the others that they have to store it for six to eight months.

Who'll know, until they open it?

By that time you'll be away, with a new identity.

Better not say any more... ;)

Similarly, when 17-19 I was mad for a $18.95 carton of Emu Export king browns to swiftly get the wobbly boots on down the local park or out the back of the youth drop in centre. I have been threatening to host a brewday late this summer and maybe an Emu Export clone brewday could be a good start...keep the expectations low and the punters can only be surprised.

Back on topic, going to bottle my chrissy case tonight....I fear I may be a couple of bottles short so a few folks will be getting a 'lucky dip' from recent brews(Timothy Taylors Extra Dry etc).

Excuse the interruption but I just saw GL's valiant attempts to keep things under control. GL, you have it easy!

I posted the following to the QLD Case Swap thread on Oct 25th. Three weeks later and QLD is up to 372 posts. WA - 110!

Latest State Case Swap Stats....

QLD Xmas Case '06 = 207 posts
Vic Xmas Anytime Case = 170 posts
2006 NSW Xmas Case = 167 posts
SA Xmas Case Swap = 119 posts
Sandgropers (WA) Xmas Case = 98 posts

Uh oh boys! Looks like we are not the most efficient but definitely the funniest. Mind you, in the New year, when I move back to WA I'll be saying, 'We are the funniest (per capita.)'

I'm so fickle.

I'll sorely miss the QLD brewers. They're a great bunch and play up way too much. Maybe that's why they have such an affinity for the west? One of them has even suggested a WA-QLD Swap - hand-delivered!

Like BigD, I hope I can scrounge a place at the next swap though I hope we'll get to meet most of you before. And, special thanks to those of you who have already made me feel welcome - it's greatly appreciated.

All the best for the Swap,
Pat

Well, my case swap beer is looking (and tasting) good. I'll bottle it this saturday.

I realise the rules say I'm not allowed to say what it is, but if I wanted to buy bananas on a cloudy day in Germany to put on my wheatbix...

Does the beer have to be ready for dinking on the 16th ?
I'd like to leave mine in the fridge for another week (though don't know that it'll do much, except tie up my fridge for future brews).
If I leave it for another week it will only have 3wks to carb up and might be a little "green".
Ajudication plz ?

We've had bottle conditioned beers bottled the morning of the case swap. We've had beer filled via siphon, in the car on the way to GL's (not looking at you ausdb).

Mine is a bigger beer, and won't be at it's best on the day of the swap, so will come with suitable advice.

The beauty of the WA christmas case is its simplicity. We don't make rules and regulations, just beer.

Mine will probably be bottled on the morning of the collection at the rate I'm going.

Likely to be inspired and named after my dog who died tonight. I just returned from the vet an hour or so ago without her. Kids are devastated. I'm a wreck. Taking her bed out of the car and putting it back in her spot under the house just about killed me.

Now to direct that into a beer.

My condolances Dave, what a shitty thing to happen.

Mine will probably be bottled on the morning of the collection at the rate I'm going.

Likely to be inspired and named after my dog who died tonight. I just returned from the vet an hour or so ago without her. Kids are devastated. I'm a wreck. Taking her bed out of the car and putting it back in her spot under the house just about killed me.

Now to direct that into a beer.

Vale Rani :(

Does the beer have to be ready for dinking on the 16th ?
I'd like to leave mine in the fridge for another week (though don't know that it'll do much, except tie up my fridge for future brews).
If I leave it for another week it will only have 3wks to carb up and might be a little "green".
Ajudication plz ?

I'm thinking mine will be brewed on the collection day with pet bottles of pitched wort handed over :ph34r:

Mine wont be ready for drinking given I haven't even brewed it yet :(

Latest posts

Back