Sandgropers Xmas Case '06

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for those thoughts guys. Well appreciated.

Condolences Dave :(

Well my brew is currently mashing so fingers crossed. Have so far managed to burn out my drill and trip the RCD twice from my dodgey kettle wiring. All I can say is that RCDs are a good thing! :eek:

Afraid its another APA, it was next in my rotation so is what ye shall be getting. Hopefully nice and hoppy! with perhaps a taint of burning wire insulation ;)

I was hoping to bottle my contribution yesterday, but the yeast is still too active.

I'll have another look tomorrow.

Capped and labelled...

Now to see if it will make it to the day. Might just buy a block of VB just in case. (Two cans = one bottle?)

Good point. I'll keep them hungry on the day in case anyone needs throwing to the lions.

Good point. I'll keep them hungry on the day in case anyone needs throwing to the lions.

Dallas eat anyone? surely you jest GL :p
Alabama on a bad day well thats another story :ph34r:
And Tex somewhere in between depending on what sort of mood he's in :unsure:

... well, I did my wonderfully proposed blueberry dunkelweizen last weekend ...however, I stuffed it up majorly.

I dont want to talk about it. I dont want to talk about how long it took to clean up several of over-boiled mash ..and then what happened when I discovered it went all through the cupboards. Miss housemate was not in the least bit happy. At all. I managed to save a bit of it, and put it down but it wont meet the quota required.

$&#$% - never walk away form a boiling pot. Ever. Thats the first, and last time that will ever happen!

The good news. I will be doing a German wheat this weekend, and I'll be doing a pale ale the following weekend. I had really really hoped to do one of my fruit beers for this, but with the extra fermentation period required in secondary Im not sure if it will make it. Im thinking that maybe I will give it a shot, and have the Pale sitting there as a secondary option - if I do the Pale ont he 2nd then it SHOULD be ready for bottling on the 14th or so ...it'll just have to sit for a bit to prime. Im praying that either of them will be ready for bottling by the time the case swap comes around.

Fingers crossed. But Im still in the running.

Oh, also ahve to warn you guys haha. Its my birthday on the 15th, Im going to be feeling reaaallyyy sorry for myself on the Saturday when i drop mine off hahaha

Bad luck there, facter.

Good to see your "back up" contribution won't be an "over-the-counter" effort.

Will be bottling this weekend, made up two batches as a bit of a safe guard, best one will go in the bottles and the other batch in the keg. :p

With mixed emotions I post - I will absent from the chrissy case swap because my gold fish brain caused me to forget I have a ticket to the Ashes...I stored the match date away in the grey matter as 'some time in December'. .....what time is KO? Theres every chance we'll have the test won by the tea break so I may still make it!

Otherwise, If everyone could drop one bottle off at my place in Lesmurdie and collect a bottle from the meter box I would be much obliged :D ...........I will drop my case off beforehand.

Bugger - great gold fish think alike Chilla...

you jogged my memory - I've got a dinner date that night. Fortunately; i) its about 50metres from the Captn's place and, ii) I only have to be semi-sober

anyway, as I keep telling myself; I can fake sober - and the more pissed I am the better job I do of it :)

Well...it's finally bottled and....yeah... :unsure:
I'm going to wait till death knock and if it's still a bit iff I might contribute a couple of carton's of VB too.....I really want a Boony doll :D

I hope the local bottlo will have a standby sitting in the fridge waiting for me.

I think you can buy them, bout $55, if you buy the VB you've got to add $12 to that anyway and there's only so many cases of VB that one case swap can handle :D

Well mine is bottled, once those yeasties carb it up hopefully it will be a hoppy palatable ale. Better be as it put the final nail in my drill while milling the grain.

Better remember to show up to the swap now :eek:

Right then. That sounds like a cap at 21 bottles each as per....

1. Guest Lurker aka Captain Sensible
2. Corellion
3. Vlad the Pale Aler
4. Simon W
5. deebee
6. Goat
7. chillamacgilla73
8. ant
9. JasonY
10. ausdb
11. sinkas
12. Whistlingjack
13. Kroozy
14. factor
15. mika_lika
16. roger mellie
17. Hillbilly
18. BigAl
19. Barfridge
20. Asher
21. Ash
22. Tony M

THE 2006 SANDGROPERCHRISTMAS CASE IS CLOSED. n=22. Number bottles supplied = 21. Case swap day is 16 Dec. Time to be announced. Either come on the day and do the swap or get your beers to me beforehand. Now that you are in YOU CANT PULL OUT. I havent actually brewed mine and have to go away for work next week but will find a way to get something for the case, even if I bring back a case of Bintang from Indonesia.

OK I am back in town.

Case swap will be at 2 pm on Saturday 16 December at my place.

I will be there all day, you can come earlier, you can leave much later. There will be plenty of beer on tap.

BUT CASE SWAP HAPPENS BETWEEN 2 and 2:30 pm.

All beer has to be there by 2 pm for this to work. Then people who dont want to hang around can arrive with a crate of their beer and leave within 30 mins with the same crate full of different beers. If you cant get there by 2 pm, drop them off during the week.

Will pm my address for those that havent been here. Reminder 1) all bottles must be labelled, 2) pulling out is not acceptable.

Latest posts

Back