Sabsosa 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doglet

Reaction score
Logo_sabsosa___small.png

It's time for South Australian brewers to open their diaries and mark in the dates for the 2008 SABSOSA competition. :icon_cheers:

Judging will be held on 14th September at the Holdfast Bay Bowling Club (entries close on 30th August).

Entries are still only $3 per bottle so no excuses not to enter your beers to get some feedback.

The presentation will be on 21st September at the Holdfast Brewpub.

More info and entry forms will be put on the SABSOSA website over the coming weeks.

Good luck and happy brewing!​

Judging's not on the same day as the fun run this year, is it?

You can count me in for judging as usual.

Judging's not on the same day as the fun run this year, is it?
City-Bay is on 21st Sept so all's good.

Entrants and judging invites will be out soon. If anyone would like to be a steward then please PM me.

Cheers
Tim

not sure if i can Judge this time i think my brothers wedding is on that weekend he better have some good beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jazman - there's the main bar at the bowling club that we don't use. Maybe your bro could have his reception in there and you could attend both!!! :beer:

:icon_offtopic:

For someone who is a big enough fan to use his teams logo as his avatar i am shocked, nay horrified that this event is during the holy month.

Ah, just checked the ladder and NOW i understand B) :D

Now where's that pic of the hawthorn player when i need it...... :eek:

Just a reminder to all South Australian brewers that the competition deadline is 30th of August.

Still time to brew a beer and enter it in the competition and at $3.00 an entry it is a reasonably cheap
means of getting feedback and who knows, you may even surprise yourself!

Good luck.

Cheers
Mark

Just a quick update fo some info about the SABSOSA comp coming up VERY soon. Entries need to be in by 30/8/08.

It's great to have some new sponsors involved, ie Beerbelly. They have also agreed to be a drop off point for any entries. This may be easier for people that side of town. I'm sure the new shop location on Reasearch Rd is coming along well. When you drop in your bottles you can check it out.

Brew Maker at 560 North East Rd, Holden Hill is also a sponsor and drop off point. Bill will be pleased to see you and can provide entry forms if you haven't got them already from the web site;

sabsosa.com

Since the brew shop at Grumpies has gone, this is no longer an official drop off point, but it still worth worth getting up there for a beer and pizza.

Don't forget the top brewer can win a full pass to the ANHC in October and see how their beers fair against the rest of Australia. You can also get your money back if you have already bought a ticket.

Anyone who has a hankering to help out with judging and hasn't let me or one of the committee know, then now is your time.

Think I have a couple of beers that may be worth entering this year. Thanks for the reminder. I think you should have me down for judging but please put my name down if not.

Hi Aaron,

Yes you are on the list for judging and good luck with your entries.

See you on the judgement day.

Hi - just looking for confirmation on the day/date to have entries in by - both the SABSOSA website and the Entry Form say Friday 30th August - but 30th August is a Saturday...

I assume entries will close Saturday 30th August?

Also assume that Brew Maker is open on this day?

Cheers,
Greg

Hi Grego,

Yes the close off date is 30/8 and Brewmaker is open from 10:00am til 5:00pm on Saturdays.

The judging day is 14/9 which gives us time to sort bottles and to give them some settling time after transport.

Hi SA brewers,

Just a bump to remind any potential entrants that the deadline for entries is up this weekend 30/8.

If you need entry forms you can download them from the new and improved web site;sabsosa.com

Drop off details are listed on the web site.

Hope the beers are tasting good! Looking forward to the judgment day.

Any news on when results will be posted ?

Cheers :beer:
JSB

Rumours, if correct, suggest tomorrow.... apparently there was a massive increase in entries on last year and they needed an extra day to judge them all.....

yeah I believe Roach and Boots judged the Wheat Beers Monday Night, and the Stouts were judged on Saturday.

I got a call from Mike today letting me know that I received a 2nd place in the Low Alcohol class for my English Ordinary Bitter!! I guess they are notifying all the place getters by phone before Sunday's presentation.
I'm absolutely stoked and surprised. Notch one up for the BBC, especially interesting that the same beer didn't receive positive feedback in the recent Gawler show... :blink:

I got a call from Mike today letting me know that I received a 2nd place in the Low Alcohol class for my English Ordinary Bitter!! I guess they are notifying all the place getters by phone before Sunday's presentation.
I'm absolutely stoked and surprised. Notch one up for the BBC, especially interesting that the same beer didn't receive positive feedback in the recent Gawler show... :blink:

Also gotta a call, second place for my ESB (Inspectors Pocket ESB Modified, aka Screwtop). Only entered 4 beers and really thought that my ESB was not up there. Was your beer an AG? Try the Tanunda show with the same beer. I think that is in February. Maybe the Gawler judges aren't that experienced, I am not sure who they were. Now before others get there back up, its not whether you brew AG, partials or Kits. To me it is more about feedback and ways of improving your brewing. Oh BTW my ESB was from grain supplied by Beerbelly and hops supplied by Craftbrewer Share the love around, so to speak :rolleyes:

BYB

Also gotta a call, second place for my ESB. Only entered 4 beers and really thought that my ESB was not up there B) Was your beer an AG? Try the Tanunda show with the same beer. I think that is in Febuary. Maybe the Gawler judges aren't that experienced. Now before others get there back up, its not whether you brew AG, partials or Kits. To me it is more about feedback.

BYB
has anyone ever sent a beer to these guys for feedback ... BUSSELL AND DUNN? linky

Latest posts

Back