Sabsosa 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for the Golden Ale Hearls, will be entering it again in ANAWBS but as a special/best/bitter. It gets lost in the APA category as its right on the lower limits. Both judging sheets did say it was 'very drinkable, clean and crisp' so it is what it is just not true to style. According to the guidelines for 8B, special/best/bitter, US hops are allowed.

You could also enter it as a blonde ale if it's on the light side. That style is supposed to include English Summer ales as well which also can use US hops. Just a thought. Linky.

And well done on the altbier. :super:

Why not enter the Tanunda Show - we will have teh same BJCP judges - 9 out of the 13 categories - no limit on entries per category - great prizes/sponsorship - hell every entrant gets a back copy of OZ Beer & Brewer Magazine just for entering - but..............

BEST OF ALL - you get feedback in Mar 2009 so you can then incorporate the judges feedback into the next brew and enter it in SASOSA 2009...SO YOU DONT HAVE TO WAIT A YEAR :)

Cant get any better than that. :icon_cheers:

sounds like a plan!

You can always drop by the BrewInn Barossa in Lyndoch when you are up this way - or come along to a meeting of teh Barossa Brewers Club.

:icon_cheers:

If anyone has or knows of the where abouts of a judging sheet for second place in the low alcohol section can you drop me or luka on ahb a pm. They were not in the envolope when I checked

BYB
I just received an email from Luke saying that he received his judging sheets in the post.

Thanks to those who were able to attend the presentation on the weekend. It's always good to put names to faces.

Stay tuned for the raffle results. It will be drawn at the Wheaty on 12th October at about 4pm. Entrants to the comp should check their email for more details.

Cheers
Tim

Back