Sa Xmas Case Swap 2006

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It brews!
:p

1 Kai - Rock Out with your Bock Out - Confirmed
2 AdamT - American IPA - Confirmed - Bottled End October, will be fine! - Marked "IPA" on the of Becks bottles.
3 GMK - First AG Oktoberfest
4 SteveSA - Nothing Fancy Here APA - Will be bottled on 2/12/06 and be right for Xmas day
5 Dr Gonzo - Weizenbock - Bottled months ago. Already drinking it
6 Jazman
7 Voosher - ESB - Bottled 15/11. Tasted and accepted by a panel including a renowned local celebrity brewer so if anything is off it's their fault :D Coopers Dark Ale bottles. Cap's marked "15/11 FB".
It's good for Christmas but I have no problem with drinking it now.
8 wee stu - amarillo wheat - Confirmed Been in bottle a while, won't get any better for keeping it
9 RussTaylor - I'm just up the road in Blackwood and have just bottled a couple of APAs
10 Doglet - American Brown
11 The Drunk Arab - Munich Helles - Bottled 29/11/06. Should be right Xmas day.
12 AnthonyMac - Pils?
13 Stoutdrinker - Porter- confirmed ("Pass the Porter")
14 peas_and_corn - Most likely a golden ale
15 Justin T - English Old Ale - Confirmed
16 kirem - English Pale Ale - Bottled 25/11
17 JSB - Wet Willie Bitter
18 Pedro - Half Wit
19 Wildebeest Attack - Pils - Bottled 29/11/06. Might want to give it a few weeks.
20 Aaron - Biere De Garde
21 tdh - AG pKlsch - ready to drink mid January
22- 24 if required - Pedro's Doppelgnger Doppel and some Gulf Brewery beers

This label shite is out for me too :p
I can't attend on the day unfortunately but I'll be in touch with Dr. Gonzo to arrange delivery of my case.
Enjoy the day folks.

so - we are going to Dr Gonzo's on the 17th Dec for the swap.

What time is everyone turning up...

Unfortunately I won't be attending on Sunday. I've double booked so AnthonyMac will be delivering my goodies and hopefully he won't drink too much of my case.

Have a great day gents.

Steve

:super: looking forward to putting some names to faces.... :super:

Yep 10:00 mash-in for those who are keen. About 12:00 onwards for a BBQ lunch.
Does anyone want to put their hand up for being brewer for the day? That'll leave me to tend to cooking.
I was going to put on a few weber chickens and some meat on a stick. Is anyone able to bring a salad?
I currently have a dunkelweizen & an IPA on tap. Hopefully i dont drink it all before sunday.
If anyone plans on driving home but gets too drunk, i will confiscate their keys and make them walk home carrying their xmas case. B)
Hope to see you all there.

I suppose that i can tentatively put my hand up as brewer......unless a more experienced person cares to take charge and leave me as assistant.... ;)

I suppose that i can tentatively put my hand up as brewer......unless a more experienced person cares to take charge and leave me as assistant.... ;)

I dunno, its pretty hard work. A lot of standing around and drinking. I still have trouble getting through a full days brewing. I think youve just dobbed yourself in.

damn, I was hoping Wee Stu would be brewing so we could offer him the "support" he offers when he watches us brew. :rolleyes:

damn, I was hoping Wee Stu would be brewing so we could offer him the "support" he offers when he watches us brew.
You don't want to see that. Nobody should be subject to it ;) Besides we want to help out new brewers not scare them away.

I cant get to the swap until around 1.00pm...

Family commitments and i will have to bring my kids along for the ride.

Therefore, will probably not be staying taht long....

see you on Sunday 17 Dec2006

Just putting a recipe together for tomorrows xmas case swap day brew.
Thought i'd go something big to put a dent in the mountain of grain i have stockpiled.
Any comments/suggestions?
I have heaps of grain so can up the gravity some more if need be.

Xmas Case Swap Doppelbock
Type: All Grain
Batch Size: 23.00 L
Boil Size: 31.66 L
Boil Time: 90 min
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.0

Ingredients
3.00 kg Munich Malt 33.1 %
3.00 kg Pilsner 33.1 %
3.00 kg Vienna 33.1 %
0.05 kg Chocolate 0.6 %
80.00 gm Tettnanger [4.50%] (60 min) 28.6 IBU
Wyeast Octoberfest Lager Blend

Est Original Gravity: 1.091 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.021 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 9.2 %
Bitterness: 28.6 IBU
Est Color: 13.6 SRM

Mash Name: Decoction Mash, Single Total Grain Weight: 9.05 kg

Name Description Step Temp Step Time
Protein Rest Add 27.15 L of water at 67.5 C 60.0 C 30 min
Saccharification Decoct 10 L of mash and boil it 68.0 C 45 min
Mash Out Add 9.95 L of water at 98.2 C 75.0 C 10 min

:D Sounds nice and malty! I hope to be there for the 10am mash-in tomorrow.

However... where am I going? Drive around Edwardstown until I can track down the smell of grain, hops and beer?

I'm still yet to convince a parent or sibling to give me a lift, so I may be driving :S

Doing a quick conversion from srm to ebc that would seem pretty light for a dopplebock. I have not made one before so am not an expert on the style. From what I have read I would use the Munich 2 or dark Munich but like I say I am no expert on the style. I think chocolate wheat would go well in this style too.

PM me if anyone knows where Dr Gonzo's is, cheers!

Bad news, tried my beer last night and it is no good. Infected. So I won't be going along. I'm going to brew again today and see if I can work out where it all went wrong.

Sorry for the very late notice. Have a good one guys.

Back