Sa Xmas Case Swap 2006

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 Kai - Rock Out with your Bock Out - Bottled 02/11/06 ABV >7% so drink whenever
2 AdamT - American IPA - Confirmed - Bottled End October, will be fine! - Marked "IPA" on the of Becks bottles.
3 GMK - First AG Oktoberfest - bottled 2 Sep 2006 - good to go
4 SteveSA - Nothing Fancy Here APA - Will be bottled on 2/12/06 and be right for Xmas day
5 Dr Gonzo - Weizenbock - Bottled months ago. Already drinking it
6 Jazman
7 Voosher - ESB - Intended contribution bottled 24/11. 'First Reserve' bottled 15/11. Independent taste-test and final decision scheduled 10th Dec. Final notes to follow biggrin.gif
8 wee stu - amarillo wheat - Confirmed Been in bottle a while, won't get any better for keeping it
9 RussTaylor - I'm just up the road in Blackwood and have just bottled a couple of APAs
10 Doglet - American Brown
11 The Drunk Arab - Munich Helles - Bottled 29/11/06. Should be right Xmas day.
12 AnthonyMac - Pils?
13 Stoutdrinker - Porter- confirmed ("Pass the Porter")
14 peas_and_corn - Most likely a golden ale
15 Justin T - English Old Ale - Confirmed - Bottled 16/8/06, good to go
16 kirem - English Pale Ale - Bottled 25/11
17 JSB - Wet Willie Bitter
18 Pedro - Half Wit
19 Wildebeest Attack - Pils - Bottled 29/11/06. Might want to give it a few weeks.
20 Aaron - Biere De Garde
21 - 24 if required - Pedro's Doppelgnger Doppel and some Gulf Brewery beers

1 Kai - Rock Out with your Bock Out - Bottled 02/11/06 ABV >7% so drink whenever
2 AdamT - American IPA - Confirmed - Bottled End October, will be fine! - Marked "IPA" on the of Becks bottles.
4 SteveSA - Nothing Fancy Here APA - Will be bottled on 2/12/06 and be right for Xmas day
6 Jazman- mongrel dortmuder export type ready to drink ,,,not sure if i have time for the drop off

7 Voosher - ESB - Intended contribution bottled 24/11. 'First Reserve' bottled 15/11. Independent taste-test and final decision scheduled 10th Dec. Final notes to follow biggrin.gif
8 wee stu - amarillo wheat - Confirmed Been in bottle a while, won't get any better for keeping it
9 RussTaylor - I'm just up the road in Blackwood and have just bottled a couple of APAs
12 AnthonyMac - Pils?
18 Pedro - Half Wit
19 Wildebeest Attack - Pils - Bottled 29/11/06. Might want to give it a few weeks.

My Biere De Garde was bottled on November 19 and should be fine to drink whenever you chose. It may be over carbonated so apologies in advance. It was tasting nice when I have one after a week in the bottle.

I can't believe you guys don't enforce the use of labels. That's half the fun of the christmas swap!

If you blokes can excuse aged extract brews, I can probably dig up 24 full Champers bottles. But I did say extract. Eww, now I feel dirty just typing it twice :D
I'm pretty sure there's 24 all the same type.
At least they're longnecks, but they won't fit in a carton of stubbies very well.

6 Jazman
12 AnthonyMac - Pils?
14 peas_and_corn - Honey Beer- Confirmed
18 Pedro - Half Wit

I have spoken with Pedro from the Gulf Brewery about beers 21-24. He is currently awaiting the delivery of his bottling line and subsequently these beers may or may not appear in the Xmas case. Pedro should confirm this soon.
So we all need to supply 20 echos of nominated beer for 20 cases, this will ensure we get one of our own back in our case and should make the job of the co-ordinaters a lot easier.

C&B
TDA

4 SteveSA - Nothing Fancy Here APA - Bottled on 2/12/06. Will be right for Xmas day. Cap no. 86
6 Jazman
12 AnthonyMac - Pils?
14 peas_and_corn - Honey Beer- Confirmed
18 Pedro - Half Wit

Too lazy for labels in SA

Too lazy for labels in SA

Mine was labelled for my own use, before I designated it for the Xmas case.

I am now just too lazy to remove the labels ;)

I will be delivering my contribution to TDA.

I am in Adelaide for a week or two awaiting the birth of my 2nd child. I won't have time for the drop off day.

I have spoken with Pedro from the Gulf Brewery about beers 21-24. He is currently awaiting the delivery of his bottling line and subsequently these beers may or may not appear in the Xmas case. Pedro should confirm this soon.
So we all need to supply 20 echos of nominated beer for 20 cases, this will ensure we get one of our own back in our case and should make the job of the co-ordinaters a lot easier.

C&B
TDA

Oh good, that's four more bottles of bock I can drink myself.

I tasted my ''beer' last night, I am sorry but I am going to pull out. The beer is very thin, weak, insipid and not worthy of swapping.

Again sorry for the late notice.

Kirk

I tasted my ''beer' last night, I am sorry but I am going to pull out. The beer is very thin, weak, insipid and not worthy of swapping.

Again sorry for the late notice.

Kirk

That's a bummer on several counts.
One of which is... Slightly off topic...
From memory that was an effort with the Timothy Taylor yeast. Correct?
What do you reckon went wrong? The brew or the yeast?
My first is almost 2 weeks in the bottle. I'll try one tonight but the one I couldn't resist at 4 days seemed okay for such a young beer.

I have spoken with TDA and I can still supply it for interest sake.

At the very least, the TTLL yeast can be re-used.

The beer is supposed to be a light weight 1042 OG and 28IBU from memory.

That said, the beer is very very young and I don't normally taste beers this young. It has only been in bottle for 2 weeks, no Secondary, Cold Conditioning or filtration.

Perhaps when you all get it, give it some time.

Kirk

So numbers are all settled then? Hope everyone brings a couple of extras a long to give s try on the day.

Squeeze me in?

1 Kai - Rock Out with your Bock Out - Confirmed
3 GMK - First AG Oktoberfest
6 Jazman
12 AnthonyMac - Pils?
15 Justin T - English Old Ale - Confirmed
18 Pedro - Half Wit
21 tdh - AG pKlsch - ready to drink mid January
22- 24 if required - Pedro's Doppelgnger Doppel and some Gulf Brewery beers

Back