Rugby World Cup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go Boys!

wallabies.jpg

I would like to congratulate the New Zealand team. They were the best team at the RWC and the best team at the final. They earned thier win, well done.

I would also like to comment on our boys......they held on and clawed back to within a few points with 10 minutes to go against an opposition who was smashing them and running them to exhaustion. No shame in that loss boys.

Just one last comment. Dan Carter is the best football player I have seen. He is a wonderful tactician, excellent in attack and defence and has the ability to kick conversions and penalities from all over the field. As an Australian wanting to win, I am pleased to see him go, but as a rugby follower we are losing a unique player.

Hey wide eyed. I had a lazy lobster on Australia.....the other guy had $400K. Maybe they were both bets within our comfort zone?? The ABs were always going to be a tough project. He would have been around $1.35 for that bet, so nice payday. Not somthing I could ever risk though. He would be a pro.

I am going to miss the rugby banter now. Its been fun, thanks guys. Anthony.

AJS2154 said:
I would like to congratulate the New Zealand team. They were the best team at the RWC and the best team at the final. They earned thier win, well done.

I would also like to comment on our boys......they held on and clawed back to within a few points with 10 minutes to go against an opposition who was smashing them and running them to exhaustion. No shame in that loss boys.

Just one last comment. Dan Carter is the best football player I have seen. He is a wonderful tactician, excellent in attack and defence and has the ability to kick conversions and penalities from all over the field. As an Australian wanting to win, I am pleased to see him go, but as a rugby follower we are losing a unique player.
Well said.
Our lineout let us down badly ( again), but the ABs, especially in the first half were just too good. Even with their depth, the ABs are going to miss some of their core players hanging up the boots .

Hi seamad. Yep, agree with your comments. The ABs will have a transition period, but the good thing for them is that the next RWC isnt for another 4 years. It is to their advantage that their best players are retiring now and that will give them all the time they need to try combinations and then settle the team in.

As much as they like beating Australia and the Saffas in the Trinations and the Bledisloe Cup, I would think the RWC is their real goal now. It would be if I were them. The world stage is where they get thier best and most positive coverage, especially when they play in the spirit they do these days. They are a culture to be admired. Thankfully, we have a world class coach too who will only build on his campaign....good times are coming. Anthony

To be honest, I don't even watch football of any description, but in my old age I've become insomniac, so I watched the rugby final last night.

Great game, and congratulations to NZ.

Outclassed last night but that forward pass didn't help (had to be 4 feet forward), the touchy couldn't have been in a better postion, don't know what those guys are doing there in either code these days, terrified to make a call.

....and yeah, Carter was pretty amazing, never looked like missing.

The ref made some mistakes as they always do, but that's rugby. You accept it and move on. I don't think any of them had a major impact on the game.

What did have a major impact in my opinion was Douglas and Giteau going off injured in the first half. Both players were crucial to Chieka's game plan and we struggled once they were gone. It would have been nice to have the same luxury as New Zealand of keeping our best 15 on the field for the whole game. But again, that's rugby.

So well done New Zealand, deserved winners.

And well done to the Wallabies. In a little over a year you went from a team in disarray, ranked 6th in the world and the coach walking out, to pushing the All Blacks all the way in the world cup final, even forcing them to go for drop goals.

And only 3 months until super rugby kicks off. Go the Brumbies! :p

Being a reds supporter there is only one direction to go this season.
Brisbane had a good win against Canberra in the national comp grand final on the weekend. Hopefully Kane Douglas will be OK after the WC and make it onto the paddock for the reds.

Mattress said:
I don't think any of them had a major impact on the game.
The forward pass, however, was missed, the All Blacks were subsequently awarded a penalty and Dan Carter duly converted to extend the lead to 9-3.

The All Blacks then scored a try a few minutes later right on the stroke of half time - one of the game's big turning points - as Milner-Skudder dived over in the corner.
Don't know I can agree, although I'm slowly coming around to accepting refs mistakes, but this really wasn't a mistake, more like incompetance - if a touchy/ref can't pull this pass up he shouldn't be there. /rant :D

seamad said:
Being a reds supporter there is only one direction to go this season.
Brisbane had a good win against Canberra in the national comp grand final on the weekend. Hopefully Kane Douglas will be OK after the WC and make it onto the paddock for the reds.
I hope you are right, but with Richard Grahame still in charge 14th and 15th positions are still very possible outcomes, unfortunately.

Logman said:
Don't know I can agree, although I'm slowly coming around to accepting refs mistakes, but this really wasn't a mistake, more like incompetance - if a touchy/ref can't pull this pass up he shouldn't be there. /rant :D
Remember the Wallabies only made the final through a refs mistake, it happens, though it wouldn't have made a difference to the final outcome.

Funk then Funk1 said:
I hope you are right, but with Richard Grahame still in charge 14th and 15th positions are still very possible outcomes, unfortunately.
Mate, 18 teams in Super Rugby next year.

Could be worse than 14th or 15th :D

wide eyed and legless said:
Remember the Wallabies only made the final through a refs mistake, it happens, though it wouldn't have made a difference to the final outcome.
I would agree with your comment wide eyed, but only if you admit the Scots were in the quarter final to play against Australia due to a referee's clanger. The problem is......referees make errors. I have refereed junior rugby and it moves too fast for me often, I cant imagine how they manage at that level.

I am grateful Steven Walsh has gone from Super 15. That guy drove me crazy with the constant attention seeking. I don't pay money to watch a referee. The worst thing they ever did was mic them up. They moved from anonymous to star of the show.......it messed with the ego of a narcissist like Steve Walsh. Sorry, back to my box now, rant over.

Latest posts

Back