Rugby World Cup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wide eyed and legless said:
Well, a good win by Ireland, and now the Kiwis have to bury their bogey team France, which I have every confidence they will, I just can't see them getting beaten by France again.
Mate, you are obviously a Kiwi......they have been playing some of the least capable rugby teams in the RWC. If the French get ahead and hold on until the 60th minute, then get your house on them. The French are at $5.35 on Centrebet. I will have some hard earned on them at that price, ridiculously good value.

France don't need to hold on they just need to turn up with the right attitude. On their day they're freaks - powerful, lightning fast, dazzling and no one can live with them. Problem for them is that it's been a rarity for a long time and about as elusive as a Tasmanian tiger under PSA. Although most kiwis I know are perfectly delightful, the 3 I work with are mouthy pricks so I'm kind of torn between wanting them to win for the sake of my kiwi friends and badly wanting them to lose so the pricks at work will finally shut up - plus they'll cop heaps of shit which will be fun cos they can dish it but get seriously pissy when it's handed back.

Pocock and Izzy out. Izzy is only a back so that doesn't matter so much :ph34r: , he didn't play that well in the last game anyway. Beale was suprisingly good in one the games he played. Pocock will be missed but McCalman is playing well.

butisitart said:
is belgium playing?? they're now number 1 in the round ball rankings.
nah mate, acting ability doesn't get you that far in rugby, although McCaw does a pretty good "what me ? Cheating ?" look.

seamad said:
Pocock and Izzy out. Izzy is only a back so that doesn't matter so much :ph34r: , he didn't play that well in the last game anyway.
To be fair, Folau was playing on one leg. Fully fit and with a bit of space he can tear teams apart.

Blind Dog said:
France don't need to hold on they just need to turn up with the right attitude. On their day they're freaks - powerful, lightning fast, dazzling and no one can live with them. Problem for them is that it's been a rarity for a long time and about as elusive as a Tasmanian tiger under PSA. Although most kiwis I know are perfectly delightful, the 3 I work with are mouthy pricks so I'm kind of torn between wanting them to win for the sake of my kiwi friends and badly wanting them to lose so the pricks at work will finally shut up - plus they'll cop heaps of shit which will be fun cos they can dish it but get seriously pissy when it's handed back.
If the lose they won't turn up to work Blind Dog....they sulk a bit when they lose rugby games.....and sailing races.......and netball.....and cricket...

Choice cuzzie

JDW81 said:
To be fair, Folau was playing on one leg. Fully fit and with a bit of space he can tear teams apart.
I'm not sure why they played him against Wales, it was obvious the way he played he was far from fit. Was in the front row right on the corner when he scored against France just metres away from me, have no idea how he got through, there was no gap.
Agree with you AJS2154, I've not met many Kiwi's who are good losers.

seamad said:
I'm not sure why they played him against Wales, it was obvious the way he played he was far from fit. Was in the front row right on the corner when he scored against France just metres away from me, have no idea how he got through, there was no gap.
Agree with you AJS2154, I've not met many Kiwi's who are good losers.
I haven't met many Aussies that are good losers either..... We are very passionate thats for sure .. There are a few writing off the All Blacks. Its a big tournament anything can happen. Lets wait and see.... Go the All Blacks.

Darrens said:
I haven't met many Aussies that are good losers either..... We are very passionate thats for sure .. There are a few writing off the All Blacks. Its a big tournament anything can happen. Lets wait and see.... Go the All Blacks.
We're much better at it, sadly due to experiencing it more.

Darrens said:
I haven't met many Aussies that are good losers either
Not too many Aussies who are good winners either. Rarely gracious in either defeat or victory.

Watch out.....all the Australian based Kiwis are winding up for an Aussie bash. Their second best sport.

Come summer they will all be cheering for the Aussie cricket team. Strange how that happens.

AJS2154 said:
Watch out.....all the Australian based Kiwis are winding up for an Aussie bash. Their second best sport.

Come summer they will all be cheering for the Aussie cricket team. Strange how that happens.
I don't know, I reckon the Kiwis are a chance in the cricket as well, particularly if our perennially fragile batter order turns up again this summer.

AJS2154 said:

Germans are the same, got into a fight in the Austrian club one night just for pointing out that when there are 1 or 2 they are Austrians once there are 5 or 6 of them they turn to Germans.

JDW81 said:
I don't know, I reckon the Kiwis are a chance in the cricket as well, particularly if our perennially fragile batter order turns up again this summer.
Agreed.

The Australian cricket team could take a few lessons from the Kiwi cricketers. Lots of class in the Kiwi team, victory or defeat. Credit where due.

I can't stand oz cricket and I'm Australian. Used to love it but jeez, the "hang on boys, let me check the mirror first" brigade have ruined it for me I'll be honest.

All blacks one step closer..... what a game by the men in black this morning .......

A bizarre decision by the french this morning to allow their test team to go home at half time and send in a 2nd grade local club team for the 2nd half.

Yes New Zealand played well but Le Blues were woeful in that 2nd half.

I reckon New Zealand would have preferred a better hit out rather than a training run considering the games coming up.

Latest posts

Back