Roger Protz Beer Site..not Bad At All

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I regularly browse that one when I'm at work :lol:
He also writes for the Morning Advertiser which is the UK trade paper for Publicans and he's a constant shytestirrer for real ale. Most of his reviews on the site however tend to be for bottled beers - I'd like to see more reviews on cask versions. I'd have to say his reviews are often quite OTT " a lingering roasty raisin chocolate extravaganza fading out to a long satisfying pineapple peachiness" - well maybe not quite as bad as that, but I sometimes wonder if he's really talking about the same beer that I found a bit bland and boring from Dans.

A good read nonetheless.

He also writes for the Morning Advertiser which is the UK trade paper for Publicans and he's a constant shytestirrer for real ale. Most of his reviews on the site however tend to be for bottled beers - I'd like to see more reviews on cask versions. I'd have to say his reviews are often quite OTT " a lingering roasty raisin chocolate extravaganza fading out to a long satisfying pineapple peachiness" - well maybe not quite as bad as that, but I sometimes wonder if he's really talking about the same beer that I found a bit bland and boring from Dans.

A good read nonetheless.
It's the first time i've come across it,and i agree totally with you on his descriptors "the lingering hop bitterness,blah,blah " ,not the same as the bottled ones we get here for sure .Still an interesting one though,and i hope you don't work for the public service or anything like that,plenty of time to spare time and my tax dollars,etc :lol:

It's the first time i've come across it,and i agree totally with you on his descriptors "the lingering hop bitterness,blah,blah " ,not the same as the bottled ones we get here for sure .Still an interesting one though,and i hope you don't work for the public service or anything like that,plenty of time to spare time and my tax dollars,etc :lol:

I work for an inbound customer care centre for a mobile phone company. Keep paying for your cap suckeerrrrrr

B)

Nah I work nights and we get quiet patches. Always at your service here at megabigphonecorp.

:icon_cheers:

And the customers complain about call centres and India.

" Ah put a call through and got this Geordie couldna understand a word he was blatthering "

Way Aye Bonnie Lad. :lol: :icon_offtopic:

I went to Roger's beer tasting at the microbrewery showcase down in melb some time ago, and it was great, probably the highlight of the day really. The other shows were a little weak.

A good read nonetheless.
"An aroma of dead leaves drifting across an empty railway station in autumn"

He also edits The Good Beer Guide here in the the UK and has written several other good books.

Latest posts

Back