Robobrew blue screen of death

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because KegKing says it's a 1 year warranty, doesn't mean it is. You should expect a reasonable lifetime out of the product and that's a consumer's right by law.
Yep go to https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au and see if you can find an easy and low cost way of upholding your rights.
If lawyers get involved then you are probably better off financially to just buy a new unit.

I did read on Amazon there is no warranty on the G3 in USA and checking the board out I think giving a year warranty was being generous for the G2.
001.JPG 002.JPG

Easy to see the difference between the Guten and the Robobrew.

Amazon comments or terms and conditions?
I thought they were both made in the same city in China ?

The previous poster was right, you can expect more than a year of use for a ~$400 odd electrical appliance that isn’t used often. Bring that to Keg Kings attention or else give Kegland a call and see if they can sort you out with a new board

There is no manufacturers warranty on the Robobrew's the warranty is put in place by the wholesaler, Guten manufacturers put a 1 year warranty on the Guten which was really even better, as its more of a guarantee. Price doesn't play a part in the warranty, when you make a purchase one of the usual questions would be what is the warranty or in some cases guarantee, if it isn't written into the instruction manual, it should be written on the invoice. No grey areas we all know where we stand.

Does repairing the Guten yourself - as you've recommended in various threads due to the dodgy switches - void that warranty?

Does repairing the Guten yourself - as you've recommended in various threads due to the dodgy switches - void that warranty?
Mine was out of warranty, almost 2 years now since I got mine, biggest concern I had, as with any of those with cemented in elements was a burnt out element, everything else is replaceable, and easy to repair.

Doesn't really answer my question though.
I threw that question up in the Guten thread.

Well, if the life of the warranty has lapsed, there is no warranty to make void. The warranty is no more, gone, so its either a repair at owners expense or the tip.
I'm not referring to out of warranty units. I'm referring to new Gutens

That is a question you will have to ask KK, I have never recommended repairing while under warranty just for those whose unit is out of warranty and the only issues have been 2 of us needed to replace the switches $7.00 and 10 minutes, not worth claiming through the warranty, so even if new I would have done it myself.

I have never recommended repairing while under warranty
No you've not, but you've also never specified that it should be done *outside* warranty. People are doing it and nobody's mentioned the implications on their warranty by doing so. Same goes with pulling the Robo apart to check loose fittings etc. It needs to be clarified.

No you've not, but you've also never specified that it should be done *outside* warranty. People are doing it and nobody's mentioned the implications on their warranty by doing so. Same goes with pulling the Robo apart to check loose fittings etc. It needs to be clarified.

Opening it up to look at the internals is fine, that doesn't immediately void the warranty. It's like opening up the hood of your car.
What it does do though, is give the vendor/manufacturer ammunition to try to blame the issue on you for opening it up. But something like an electrical failure would be pretty hard for them to try to pin on someone just by the act of opening up the bottom of the unit

Yes I'm less concerned about opening up the Robo as I am about people replacing the Guten switch - but I wanted to note that this is an issue which could concern both units (and trying to keep the thread on-topic too)

There is no manufacturers warranty on the Robobrew's the warranty is put in place by the wholesaler, Guten manufacturers put a 1 year warranty on the Guten which was really even better, as its more of a guarantee. Price doesn't play a part in the warranty, when you make a purchase one of the usual questions would be what is the warranty or in some cases guarantee, if it isn't written into the instruction manual, it should be written on the invoice. No grey areas we all know where we stand.
Consumer law doesnt care about the manufacturer's warranty though
It's completely irrelevant

Never said that manufacturers warranty comes into place with the consumer, all imported goods become sole responsibility of the importer. The point I am making and I made it in the Guten thread, is that if a manufacturer is offering a warranty as Guten has. It gives some peace of mind that the goods are more than likely to see out the term of the warranty than a manufacturer who hasn't given any warranty at all, why should the manufacturer who gives no warranty care less if his goods has problems even within the the first use! No skin off their nose.

Latest posts

Back