RIP Robin Williams

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Celebrity deaths don't usually effect me. This man was a monumental part of my childhood entertainment though. And the circumstances hit close to home for a lot of people and reasons.

Bangarang.

He will be the new face of mental health issues.... RIP

I grew up with the manic stylings of Robin Williams also, seems like his personal demons and struggles sadly got the better of him.
Reminds me of a remark by Pete Townsend for Keith Moons eulogy that seems kind of appropriate.

Everybody laughed at his antics, they never saw the other shoulder was wet with tears.

Terrible news.

I loved his character in Good Will Hunting.

RIP

Fucked. I'm really sorry to hear this. Lovely guy. He used to come in to the cafe I waited tables at in San Francisco every so often. First time he looked at me fearfully like, "Are you gonna recognize me and make a scene?" So I just didn't. After that he asked for me when he came in. He just wanted to be treated like a normal guy and was really interesting. We chatted about anything but movies and humor. He barely cracked a joke once or twice. By mutual unspoken agreement I never once let on that I knew who he was. One day he shook my hand and said Thanks, and never came in again.

Terribly sad news. As kid i watched and loved Mork and Mindy. Ever since, whenever there was anything that Robin Williams was involved in, it was a must see.

RIP.

Just noticed that a tribute showing of Mrs Doubtfire has begun on Channel 10 (in Melb anyway).

Sad news that he's gone. But I'm going to watch it and let him cheer me up.

Vale, Mr Williams.

I loved his movies, but seeing him interviewed was always brilliant. He was so cleaver and so quick.

Even the A Current Affair lock back tonight on interviews with Robin Williams had me in tears. What a genuinely funny man.

Watching this interview with Michael Parkinson brought back memories:
http://youtu.be/4LaJDOD5cJI

Robin Williams....off to heaven in a RV, wearing ladies clothes and singing Springsteen....when we kiss, oohh fywa......
smooth travels funny man.

So sad to learn of this.
So many amazing performances over the course of his career. I've loved everything he's ever done.
RIP Robin.

10612556_10203753339626964_2477982142694365441_n.jpg

Back