Right Heat For Keggie

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jameson

Reaction score
Hi all. I have been looking at heat options for my keggie. I do like the jet burner at bcf but think it will be to loud for the neighbours. I will also like to do double batches some times so electric could be a bit slow. I have seen a four ring cast with a big cast stand added I did bring my keggie down to the camp shop and it looks like a ok fit I would use a high pressure reg. But I have now seen the Italian spiril and the magollion. I would like to get this right first time round. So all thoughts welcome.

Hi all. I have been looking at heat options for my keggie. I do like the jet burner at bcf but think it will be to loud for the neighbours. I will also like to do double batches some times so electric could be a bit slow. I have seen a four ring cast with a big cast stand added I did bring my keggie down to the camp shop and it looks like a ok fit I would use a high pressure reg. But I have now seen the Italian spiril and the magollion. I would like to get this right first time round. So all thoughts welcome.

My Nasa will boil 50L in an hour with a high pressure reg.
it's loud-ish when it's flat out, but for my neighbors, it's more of a "Bar's Open" Call.

I would probably recommend an Italian spiral with a medium or high pressure reg.
That's what I'm looking at.

The four ring will do the job, It might be a little full on but you can turn some rings off.

I use an italian spiral with 207kpa adjustable reg and its relatively quiet.

I used it on a 35L boil the other day and raised from 66C to 78C in 5 minutes. 2.4C per minute. Wasn't even fully flat out, but was as high as I've cranked it.

It also boils 50L batches no problem.

One of the things I like with the Italian Spiral is I seem to be able to have it on everything from very low to inferno without having to mess with the venturi

Thanks everyone for the replies and the great link :) looks like the Italian job is the go just what I am after. Does any one know if the stand that is with it will hold a keggie.

Back