Ricky Ponting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropped on 0 yes, but this is cricket. Sometimes the luck goes your way, sometimes it doesn't.

Watching him play himself into form with some typical pulls, hooks and drives was vintage ponting. You dont score in excess of 11,000 runs at an average of more than 50 if you aren't one of the greats. He still is. Not the greatest captains perhaps but certainly one of the greatest batsmen.

And clearly much better judges of cricket agree with me since he was miles in front of the player of the decade votes.

Clarke was also under fire and they both pulled us out of a very tough situation into potentially a game winning position.

Looking forward to a big 1st innings total now.

I reckon we'll declare a bit after lunch today (450 on the board?) - there's talk of showers about in the next few days.

Hopefully we'll get out there and start recklessly thrashing some runs limited overs-style!

Quick runs is just what North does not want to have to do with pressure on him coming in next.

Haddin on the other hand will eat up quick runs if he stays in.

Dropped on 0 yes, but this is cricket. Sometimes the luck goes your way, sometimes it doesn't.

Watching him play himself into form with some typical pulls, hooks and drives was vintage ponting. You dont score in excess of 11,000 runs at an average of more than 50 if you aren't one of the greats. He still is. Not the greatest captains perhaps but certainly one of the greatest batsmen.

And clearly much better judges of cricket agree with me since he was miles in front of the player of the decade votes.

Clarke was also under fire and they both pulled us out of a very tough situation into potentially a game winning position.

Looking forward to a big 1st innings total now.

Couldn't have put it better myself Dr!

That's the problem in Australia people are so quick bag someone, especially sporstmen/women.

Farside

bye bye clarke! hello marcus north... err i mean bye bye marcus north! :lol:

A declaration will be coming soon!

Hopefully we'll make 'em face a few overs before then.

Yeah yeah i was only making the OP on his last couple, when he was gone for a duck a few games ago, The talk was he was VERY reluctant in his movements, Meh, Awesome innings yesterday, When he's playing HIS game like that, its a pleasure to watch....

And the Paki's.... The less said the better lol, id be pretty confident that they'll be batting in their second innings today...... MOhammed Yousuf (however you spell it) looked PISSED when he was run out :D

Latest posts

Back