Remember The Muntons Saga.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brisfox

Reaction score
Well bottled it about 10 days ago after alot of hastle with it,damn thing did"nt want to move from 1024 until abit of violence and a change of temp.Well have to say on first tasting its beautiful.Also bottled a Morgans Royal Oak that had some work done to it and was bottled around the same time.Now price difference is around the 25 sheets mark and I can tell you there ain"t alot in it not 25 sheets worth anyway.My conclusion.....keep brewing.

+1 Keep brewing

Hell I don't worry about the costs anymore as I'm wayyyy in front just ask SWMBO!

Glad they turned out for ya mate!

Cheers

Chappo

Definitely. Another thing about the Muntons, being a UK kit:

My brewing buddy bought me a Muntons Gold Old English Bitter - a toucan pack - for a birthday pressie and I brewed it in February. Most of it has just been tipped down the sink this afternoon. It tasted more like Molasses than beer and was a mulberry - black colour. Bloody dreadful but reminded me of a UK Unican brew I made years ago.

The one thing they had in common? Obviously old and stale to buggery. At least with Morgans and Coopers you are going to get fresher Australian made stock for half the price.

Latest posts

Back