"Record beer sales for Coopers as it captures interstate market&#3

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattrox

Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/record-beer-sales-for-coopers-as-it-captures-interstate-market/story-fnii5yv4-1227185079341

ONE in 20 beers now sold in Australia is a Coopers.
Record sales last year saw the South Australian-owned company capture five per cent of the total Australian beer market with managing director Tim Cooper saying it’s the 22nd year in a row of sales growth.
Coopers sold a record 77.3 million litres of beer in the 12 months to December 31, a 7.4 per cent increase on 2013.

Damn you made me read a Murdoch Shitrag. Interesting story, but.
I wonder if they are also including their BUL offerings such as Carlsberg and Sapporo.

OT but has it been noted yet on AHB that Dan Murphy are now selling a range of Coopers Home brew kits and enhancers?

Does that include non coopers brands they brew

Go you South Aussies! If you can't support the small local brewers then the next best is a large Australian owned brewery I guess.

it'd be great to see the aussie cricket team (for example) enjoying coopers greens after a win instead of that shite crown, tho that is an image from years ago - maybe they changed

good on 'em anyway

droid said:
it'd be great to see the aussie cricket team (for example) enjoying coopers greens after a win instead of that shite crown, tho that is an image from years ago - maybe they changedgood on 'em anyway
I agree, that would be tops. Pity they are sponsored by CUB (Carlton Mid), so that will never happen.

Ryan Harris swinging on a coopers stout long neck would look good!

Bribie G said:
Damn you made me read a Murdoch Shitrag. Interesting story, but.
I wonder if they are also including their BUL offerings such as Carlsberg and Sapporo.
I only found the fairfax story after this one. Sorry.

Lol.

It's fucken great really. Decent beer from a decent brewer that champions the HB market - and ofc makes heaps of money from it.
Their offerings are great, Sparkling is a great beer, as it Pale. Good on them for sticking to their guns all those years ago when all the other went all crystal clear lager piss.
Aussie owned to boot.

Mardoo said:
Crown. The piss of Champagne.
Fosters in a fancy bottle. It just gets injected with iso-hop the same as Fosters, just re-directed to a different bottling line.

indica86 said:
It's fucken great really. Decent beer from a decent brewer that champions the HB market - and ofc makes heaps of money from it.
Their offerings are great, Sparkling is a great beer, as it Pale. Good on them for sticking to their guns all those years ago when all the other went all crystal clear lager piss.
Aussie owned to boot.
Family-owned & not listed on the stock market (wish it was, but that would make them targets for takeover... :angry: ).

Bribie G said:
OT but has it been noted yet on AHB that Dan Murphy are now selling a range of Coopers Home brew kits and enhancers?
Noticed this the other day and grabbed some DME for about $6 from memory. Handy in a pinch.

longlostbelgian said:
Ryan Harris swinging on a coopers stout long neck would look good!
Intended or not....nice pun :chug: :chug: :chug: :D

Nice story, hope they stay away from public listings as already noted above.

madpierre06 said:
Intended or not....nice pun :chug: :chug: :chug: :D

Nice story, hope they stay away from public listings as already noted above.
They changed their "constitution" many years ago when there was a takeover bid from Lion Nathan, to prevent family members selling their shares externally. Long may it be so.

dear old Wikipedia:

In late 2005, Lion Nathan made an unsolicited takeover bid for Coopers, which was strongly opposed by the board and by the Cooper family. It was ultimately rejected at an Extraordinary General Meeting when the holders of 93.4% of the shares voted in favour of permanently removing the 3rd tier purchasing rights of Lion Nathan, effectively preventing any current or future takeover bid

Would you believe, as of two months ago, there were only two bars in queensland with Sparkling on tap? bit of a travesty really. (the milk factory in west end, and toowong bowls club which I managed front-of-house till the end of last year). That's according to premium beverages anyway

Frankly from the perspective of a bar manager, I can well understand their success. I've consistently found their sales reps and sales team in general the best of the big boys to deal with, as far as beer goes. Not to mention, lets face it, the product's ******* good for the price.

Might surprise many people to know that coopers pale in the keg, with a healthy volume discount, is often not much more expensive than the mass market bottom rung lagers like new, carlton draught, vb et all. And premium beverages (coopers) are usually more willing to cut a deal with a smaller outlet than CUB or, especially, lion (Lion are tightarses with smaller venues. at least they are in brisbane)

Latest posts

Back