RecipeDB - Lolly Ceveza

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsm

Reaction score

Lolly Ceveza

Lager - American Lager
Kit & Kilo
- - - - -

Brewer's Notes

Put coopers ceveza can in warm water and let it come to the boil and thenboil 200ml hot water for hops for 10 mins then chuck in the bag! Yeast from the kit. Bottled after 2 weeks with coopers carb. drops. Temp got high (24) but mainly brewed at 19 in prim. for 4 days then Irish moss added and left for 3days. Then racked for 7 (although didn't need it!). Drinkable 1 1/2 weeks after bottling. Stupid idea however my partner really enjoyed also (keeping the misses happy). Good for first brew. Also thought it would fail being a lager? OG dead on the money but FG 1008? Dunno Why? By the way,Coopers BE2 used. All in all was ok and would brew again with a few changes.

Malt & Fermentables

% KG Fermentable
1.7 kg Coopers LME - Light
1 kg Generic DME - Light
0.7 kg Clover Honey
0.3 kg Dextrose
0.2 kg Maple Syrup

Hops

Time Grams Variety Form AA
15 g Hallertauer Hersbrucker (Pellet, 4.0AA%, 10mins)
10 g Saaz (US) (pellet, 4.0AA%, 10mins)
23L Batch Size

Brew Details

• Original Gravity 1.056 (calc)
  • Final Gravity 1.018 (calc)
  • Bitterness 3.9 IBU
  • Efficiency 75%
  • Alcohol 4.92%
  • Colour 12 EBC

Fermentation

• Primary 7 days
  • Secondary 7 days
  • Conditioning 4 days

i havent used many recipies from this forum yet mainly because im not sure if the ingrediants list is used lol. Did you use the clover honey if so did you have to boil first? and did it actually taste like lollies :)

Yes I did use clover honey the first time. No didn't boil as such. Just added honey into the fermenter with boiling water and let stand for 30 mins or so. However I am Brewing it again! this time with normal honey. smells and tasts the same at 14 days before bottling. Not quite lollies, but for cruzer drinkers to enjoy it it must be sweet! lol In regards to this i might try natural con. red snakes in each bottle. Personaly will only try a few first time. See how it goes? Pritty happy with this one though for a first timmer and it was drinkable even though i like my bitters! (2nd brew was a good one too but completly different)! Now on my 6th brew and about to start seven one i clean my bottles. Enjoy the experiments! :icon_cheers:

Might even boil the red snakes up and ad with Irish moss? Your thoughts?

Might even boil the red snakes up and ad with Irish moss? Your thoughts?

well snakes would be different if your willing to experiment with it then why not. If you boil them up and add them before fermentation from what i have read on here the yeast might ferment the sugars from the snakes and could strip the flavour. not fully certain im sure some others could give a better idea.

I have just done a leffe brune clone bottling it on sat. In it i used wyeast 1214 and it gave off some banana and bubblegum like smells and taste too. was pretty awsome was my first time using liquid yeasts. it said you used the yeast from the can maybe you could find a yeast with a profile you could use to help get the flavour.

sorry missed the bit about putting them in the bottle kinda like the vodka idea. Worth a shot if you can part with a couple of stubbies :)

Back