RecipeDB - Little Big Horn IPA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All ready to go when the yeast is up and running.

Used a Morgans Stockmans Draft kit +2Kg LME + 300g Raw Sugar for fermentables. 24litres

30g Magnum @ 60mins
30g Crystal @ 20 mins
30g Crystal @ 10 mins

Yeast to be recultured Coopers Vintage 2010 ale. Just building it up now.

Not taken the O.G. yet as wort is still sitting at 34C no chill patience needed.

Smelt divine while doing the hop boil. Expecting this to be a cracker thanks Boagsy.

All ready to go when the yeast is up and running.

Used a Morgans Stockmans Draft kit +2Kg LME + 300g Raw Sugar for fermentables. 24litres

30g Magnum @ 60mins
30g Crystal @ 20 mins
30g Crystal @ 10 mins

Yeast to be recultured Coopers Vintage 2010 ale. Just building it up now.

Not taken the O.G. yet as wort is still sitting at 34C no chill patience needed.

Smelt divine while doing the hop boil. Expecting this to be a cracker thanks Boagsy.

No problem TB, pleased you took some inspiration from my recipe.
That Crystal sure is a nice hop, I wouldn't mind some rhizomes of it.
Are you gonna dry-hop it?

No problem TB, pleased you took some inspiration from my recipe.
That Crystal sure is a nice hop, I wouldn't mind some rhizomes of it.
Are you gonna dry-hop it?

Yes sure am, saved about 30g from the 90gm packet so should be sweet, one packet of hops per brew sounds a little extreme. :beerbang:

Been gifted a bottle of Ruddles County which may have to go with the F1 on TV.

This beer is turning out to be something else after almost 10 weeks in the bottle.
The bitterness is really starting to shine through now the malt is rounding out. Hop aroma has faded a little but the flavour is supurb. Everything about this beer is nicely balanced, one of my best brews and definitely the most full flavoured.
Highly recommended.

Just bottled today, fermenter sample tasted good cannot wait 10 weeks to hit it down though. Up here it is carbed up in 4 days. The Coopers Vintage recultured yeast certainly worked pretty fast and dropped out even faster.
Can tell it is going to be a nice IPA love the Crystal hop flavour.
Put this one on the regular to do list. :icon_cheers:

Just tested my third stubby after 9 days in the bottle. Boy is it good and plenty bitter. Thick creamy head held down to the bottom of the glass. Just need the patience not to guzzle it down before it really comes on song.

I know what you mean mate. I remember how good mine tasted at about 2 weeks and I could of drank the whole batch. If I hadn't of been crook I would of put a huge dent in it. For some reason this one was the nicest brew as yet to be that good that soon. I put it down to the delicious Crystal hops.

I've just ordered the spec grains hops and yeast from Craftbrewer to give this one a try. I could not get the 1272 yeast so I've chosed the other Wyeast American Ale.

Looking forward to brewing this on the weekend and giving it a try

Should be good the version I made which was slightly different from the original recipe has turned out to be one of the best IPA's I have tasted so far and beautifully balanced. Definitely going to be adding to a regular brew list.

I've just ordered the spec grains hops and yeast from Craftbrewer to give this one a try. I could not get the 1272 yeast so I've chosed the other Wyeast American Ale.

Looking forward to brewing this on the weekend and giving it a try

Pity you couldn't get the 1272, it's a wonderful yeast and it plays a big part in the flavour and balance of this beer.
The 1056 would give a more neutral impact on the beer I would imagine but no doubt will still make a nice IPA with this recipe.
Hope it turns out a good one for you.

Latest posts

Back