RecipeDB - C-BOMB IPA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm finding myself really quite liking Chinook more and more.

I find it a perfect foil to the fruitier American hops, its piney, resinous flavour an excellent contrast to the citra, cascade centennial hops. Its stops beer getting too fruit salady, but actually seems to provide more context for that fruitiness.

I can't wait to try it with galaxy.

I used it in my current APA, and it works fairly well.

Your just an American Hop slut Goomba :D

I find it a perfect foil to the fruitier American hops, its piney, resinous flavour an excellent contrast to the citra, cascade centennial hops. Its stops beer getting too fruit salady, but actually seems to provide more context for that fruitiness.

Agreed. My current house apa is cascade and chinook with small frequent additions of cascade late to give the fruitiness and a touch of pine resn from chinook to offset the fruit.

You have a recipe for GSL, look at that and tell me in sooth that it doesn't work :beer: :chug:

Goomba

PS, do you like weizens? I am experimenting with something else.

I've got a wheat beer experiment going myself at the moment. Swap Ya a bottle! Yes it does involve US Hops.

Agreed. My current house apa is cascade and chinook with small frequent additions of cascade late to give the fruitiness and a touch of pine resn from chinook to offset the fruit.

Oracle,
I'm told Chinook early is very harsh. Comments?

I can't wait to try it with galaxy.

I used it in my current APA, and it works fairly well.

Just mashing an AIPA with chinook and cascade up until 15 minutes then cascade and galaxy at the end so will be interesting.

I'm told Chinook early is very harsh. Comments?

Overdoing chinook early, maybe. I don't overdo it. I only ever use bittering hops I'm happy to taste - the save money on high alpha bittering hops thing is not how I approach brewing. I make a low alpha, tettnang based thing, loads of tettnang goes into the bittering - not magnum, not Northern Brewer, not a US piney hop, not PoR.

With my current apa, I use a small portion of chinook early, along with some cascade or centennial, then mostly cascade (or other US flavour hop) every 5 mins @ 30 mins and beyond. Small addition of chinook again at 5 and or 0 and dry hop equally with both.

Loads of hop flavour, resin to offset the fruit and no harshness.

Overdoing chinook early, maybe. I don't overdo it. I only ever use bittering hops I'm happy to taste - the save money on high alpha bittering hops thing is not how I approach brewing. I make a low alpha, tettnang based thing, loads of tettnang goes into the bittering - not magnum, not Northern Brewer, not a US piney hop, not PoR.

With my current apa, I use a small portion of chinook early, along with some cascade or centennial, then mostly cascade (or other US flavour hop) every 5 mins @ 30 mins and beyond. Small addition of chinook again at 5 and or 0 and dry hop equally with both.

Loads of hop flavour, resin to offset the fruit and no harshness.

jyo - listen to him... hom.

Get that mole checked under your SWMBO's right tit Cocko. Doesn't look right to me. Feels a bit rough on the tongue as well.

Does her special spot taste like Chinook? Ya bloody clowns :D

Back to the beer!

Latest posts

Back