Raspberry Cyser

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrSmurto - you were still ripped off :p
i won't pay over 99c per litre for apple juice :)

DrSmurto - you were still ripped off :p
i won't pay over 99c per litre for apple juice :)

Unlike the love of my life who seems to only like the Wanker Class Boutique juice blends that seem to cost four or five dollars a litre and have to be thrown out half way through the bottle... :angry:

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I brewed this last September and wasn't too impressed with it. Last tried it about six months ago and still wasn't all that impressed. Just tried it again and it's developed into something very, very tasty. Still got a six pack to go, so looking forward to drinking them over the next six months!

good to hear mate. mine are progressing nicely

Hi All,

Looking to do something different, Barls got me thinking!

Got all the ingredients ready for the weekend, just unsure as to the steps involved.
Can anyone help put the steps into one post, that would be a massive help.

Cheers
DK

ok here goes now remember this was made as a 5L batch so will need to be scaled depending on the size you want.
2.4L of apple juice
2.4L of apple and pear juice (not essential but leaves some sweetness that cant be fermented out)
750g of light flavored honey
600g of raspberries

mix all together the day before pitching adding a little pectaneze and sodium metabisulfate to sterilize the must. let sit for 24 hours and then pitch your yeast.
i used ec 1118 for the one you all tried but ive got one with s33 going at the moment so in a couple of months after is been sitting for a while ill bottle.
i do rack after fermentation has slowed down just to get it off the yeast cake.
my average batch age before bottling is around the 4 month figure but yo could go longer as it wont affect it since its around 14%. i use no preservative no additive juice for this and find it works well it hink its berri juice i use but not sure just walk down the juce isle and have a look.
happy brewing
this sums it up mate pretty much

Noticed i still had 3 bottles of this left so cracked one open tonight.

Wow!

So smooth, a touch acidic and with a big whiff of honey. My patience has been rewarded :icon_drunk:

great to hear mate might have to open the bottle of mead that i made about the same time as the first batch soon.
also i have found that the sweet mead yeast cuts back on some of the acid bite. might have to try d47 with it in the next batch.

The missus and I recently enjoyed a bottle of this....it was delicious and packed a nice punch too.

Thanks Barls :icon_cheers:

great to hear mate might have to open the bottle of mead that i made about the same time as the first batch soon.
also i have found that the sweet mead yeast cuts back on some of the acid bite. might have to try d47 with it in the next batch.

Scored 1/2 a Wyeast sweet mead yeastcake last night so planning a mead and another cyser or 2.

ive used both wyeast and whitelabs and cant tell the difference between them. go for it mate, im thinking i might put another one down and use d47 this time.
gruntus im glad you both liked it. might have to enter a aged bottle in to the castle hill comp if they end up doing a seperate mead comp

Back