Racking

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wombil

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I am running out of room.I am making a brown ale,already fermented,and I want to rack to a cube with gelatine finings and cc for a few days.
Problem is that I only have room in the fermenter fridge at 18 deg.Will I derive any benefit by doing this?If not worth it I'll just put it straight into a keg.
Thanks, wombil.

Hey Guys,
I am running out of room.I am making a brown ale,already fermented,and I want to rack to a cube with gelatine finings and cc for a few days.
Problem is that I only have room in the fermenter fridge at 18 deg.Will I derive any benefit by doing this?If not worth it I'll just put it straight into a keg.
Thanks, wombil.

Yes gelatine works better on clearing yeast at ferment temps anyway.

Hey Guys,
Thanks, wombil.

Few questions first;

- So you don't have means to chill the brown ale separate to the keg fridge or the fermenting fridge?

- How long have you got left for the batch (i assume) is left in the fermenting fridge?

- How long has the brown ale been fermenting?

Could always leave it in the fermenting fridge a little longer till the other batch is done. A little longer never hurts

Thanks Beer4u.
Lo Argon,brown ale has been in the ferment fridge 16 days at 18 deg. SG 1.014,I reckon its finished.
With some fiddling I might get it in the keg fridge at 4 deg. but a bit hard to squeeze a cube in there.Maybe if I can get a jerry can shape one would be ok.Don't mind if the first couple of pots out of the keg are a bit cloudy anyway.
Thanks,
wombil.

Back