Quick visit to the doc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warra48

I've drunk all my homebrew and I'm still worried.
Reaction score
I have a really old scar on my leg where a dog took a nibble at me way back in time when I was still a lad of about 8 or 10 years old.
At the time I had it stitched, and after the stitches pulled out it was stapled. Been good ever since the staples were removed.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed a sudden strange little nodule on it, like an oversized pimple.
It didn't clear up, so I thought I'd let the doc take a quick look at it.

I'm now back home, 5 stitches richer, but missing the strange nodule.

Stitches come out in a week's time, when I'll also get the pathology results.

warra48 said:
I have a really old scar on my leg where a dog took a nibble at me way back in time when I was still a lad of about 8 or 10 years old.
At the time I had it stitched, and after the stitches pulled out it was stapled. Been good ever since the staples were removed.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed a sudden strange little nodule on it, like an oversized pimple.
It didn't clear up, so I thought I'd let the doc take a quick look at it.

I'm now back home, 5 stitches richer, but missing the strange nodule.

Stitches come out in a week's time, when I'll also get the pathology results.
Did the dog leave a tooth behind?
Years ago I had an argument with a box thorn bush,5 years later and a bit further up my leg the thorn popped up as a dark lump,a razor blade and a bit of digging sorted it out but I was amazed that it had moved up my leg and that it was a thorn that I thought I had gotten rid of.
Cheers...spog...

spog said:
Did the dog leave a tooth behind?
Years ago I had an argument with a box thorn bush,5 years later and a bit further up my leg the thorn popped up as a dark lump,a razor blade and a bit of digging sorted it out but I was amazed that it had moved up my leg and that it was a thorn that I thought I had gotten rid of.
Cheers...spog...
:blink:
Breed em tuff down your way hey.
That's what I like about Aussies, nothing fazes them.

AndrewQLD said:
:blink:
Breed em tuff down your way hey.
That's what I like about Aussies, nothing fazes them.
Reminds me of when I was a first year apprentice and had a 20mm splinter go in deep down the side of my pointer finger, showed the boss who grabbed his "first aid kit". A Stanley knife down the side of my finger then an old rag and masking tape to stop the bleeding followed by a reminder that I just wasted 5 minutes of his time.

Hope all goes well Warra!

Don't know if u remember this, but it was all over the news in 07', I was living with my cousin on the Gold Coast, the man who lost this tooth in another mans head.

Matty or (Austin) which is his last name they refer to never looked for his tooth, just went to the dentist and got a Fake one made up, 3 months later news crews showed up everywhere wanting to speak with him about finding his tooth in another guys head.

http://www.thewannabesportsguy.com/2010/01/rugby-anyone-ben-czislowski-and-matt-austin-share-a-tooth/

http://metro.co.uk/2007/07/17/rugby-player-finds-tooth-stuck-in-head-535103/

Original incident happened in The Netherlands, not Australia.

I don't claim to be as tough as Aussies.
Me not like hurtie hurtie much at all.

That Corlette place looks pretty nice, good choice!

Sounds like the doc gave you some good pain relief with your stitches, and also got some good business out of that Dutch dog. Win Win really.
Take it easy the next few days, and don't expect much from that pathology report.

All the best!

Those filthy Dutch canines.
Who knows where they've been..

article-2205015-151384DB000005DC-65_634x491.jpg

(The Fokken twins, in case anyone's interested. Though I hope you aren't..)

Having seen that pic, you begin to understand why I married an aussie lady....

Now we know why there are so many queer in those parts of the world...

I went to the docs with a bit of a sore finger. Explained to the doc that I thought I had a skelf in the top bit in the pad thingy. She could not find anything. Three days later I am at my desk at work and digging around with my leatherman (my knife, not my gimp). Manage to detect a solid object in the flesh and after a couple of minutes got a grip on it with the blade. I pulled it out about 5mm and it still kept on coming, another 5mm and I am starting to feel a bit faint. Called a co-worker over to watch (slow day) - turned out to be a 14mm skelf. Fecking useless doctors!

Speaking of things appearing later. I had a car crash as a young lad (not my fault) but I busted the side window with my shoulder and of course cut my shoulder and arm up pretty badly. My fault for not wearing a seat belt though. In hospital they pulled all the glass out of me. Months later I had an itchy lump on the muscle that runs from your neck to your shoulder. Scratched it and a piece of glass sliced out from under the skin. Probably about 2mm cube I guess. Seems they didnt get ALL the glass,

Don't know if u remember this, but it was all over the news in 07', I was living with my cousin on the Gold Coast, the man who lost this tooth in another mans head.

Matty or (Austin) which is his last name they refer to never looked for his tooth, just went to the dentist and got a Fake one made up, 3 months later news crews showed up everywhere wanting to speak with him about finding his tooth in another guys head.

http://www.thewannabesportsguy.com/2010/01/rugby-anyone-ben-czislowski-and-matt-austin-share-a-tooth/

http://metro.co.uk/2007/07/17/rugby-player-finds-tooth-stuck-in-head-535103/
I lost most of my two front teeth in some guy's head when I was around 12 (rough-ish but friendly keepings off type ball game). Pretty sure they didn't remain in his head but heads and teeth don't mix well.

manticle said:
I lost most of my two front teeth in some guy's head when I was around 12 (rough-ish but friendly keepings off type ball game). Pretty sure they didn't remain in his head but heads and teeth don't mix well.
Oh hells no.

Latest posts

Back