Query About Sourcing Pulley For Motor And Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a motor with a 20mm diameter keyed shaft which operates at 2830RPM.
The mill is a Crankandstein, recommended to run at 300RPM or lower and it has a 1/2" shaft with 3 flat spots on it.

I figure a 1 or 1.5" pulley for keyed 20mm shaft at the motor and 10 or 15" pulley for 1/2" shaft with retention bolts at the mill should do the trick along with an appropriate belt of course.

So the query is - Where could I get some well priced pulleys and belt to run a 10:1 ratio between mill and motor.

Thanks

Roller

Some bearing shops have a large selection of pulleys and V belts.

I have a motor with a 20mm diameter keyed shaft which operates at 2830RPM.
The mill is a Crankandstein, recommended to run at 300RPM or lower and it has a 1/2" shaft with 3 flat spots on it.

I figure a 1 or 1.5" pulley for keyed 20mm shaft at the motor and 10 or 15" pulley for 1/2" shaft with retention bolts at the mill should do the trick along with an appropriate belt of course.

So the query is - Where could I get some well priced pulleys and belt to run a 10:1 ratio between mill and motor.

Thanks

Roller
I'd go to your local bearing shop .. most larger towns have about 3 or 4... or Blackwoods.

Royce cross also do a large selection of pulleys. www.roycecross.com.au

Back